We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Misattribution of reviews

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
1 post
84 reviews
Misattribution of reviews

I am being credited with some reviews that I did not write. Not sure what happened or how to correct. Maybe trip advisor could have a way to address this.

West Grey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
84,093 posts
103 reviews
1. Re: Misattribution of reviews

Hi Steve;

Could you have left your computer unattended while someone else used it ? Do you use TripAdvisor while on a public computer, such as at a library ? If you didn’t log out from TA, and someone else was to use the computer after you, they would not need to log on to TA and could access all the features available from your account.

To log on to TA, you must enter your email address (not your user name) and the password that you selected. How would / could anyone else know what those are ?

For peace of mind, I would suggest changing your password.

tripadvisor.ca/help/how_to_change_your_passw…

To have that review removed, I would suggest visiting the Help Centre page “How to remove a review you wrote” and use the “contact us” link in blue text. A web form will open that you can use to request that the review be deleted.

tripadvisor.ca/help/how_to_remove_a_review_y…

Best Regards

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
27,389 posts
123 reviews
2. Re: Misattribution of reviews

There are 49 reviews under your profile, which ones are you saying you didn't write?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
24 reviews
3. Re: Misattribution of reviews

As RescueTeam said, log out of TripAdvisor in a public computer. I would also suggest changing your password.

Surbiton
Level Contributor
1,997 posts
77 reviews
4. Re: Misattribution of reviews

I once wrote some posts from a PC at a hotel while on holiday. I then realised that I hadn't logged in, but my username was at the top of the screen.

And remembered that I'd used the same PC while on holiday two years' earlier!

I hadn't logged off, and the cookies had never been cleared.

5. Re: Misattribution of reviews

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2015, 09:46