We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The ability to change the subject of the topic I posted

London, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Topic
The ability to change the subject of the topic I posted

This seems impossible now

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,549 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The ability to change the subject of the topic I posted

If there have been no replies why not just delete your post and start again?

queeniesdailysnippets.wordpress.com

London, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The ability to change the subject of the topic I posted

Sorry? I don't get how your answer addresses my question. I think you are trying to second-guess me.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,549 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The ability to change the subject of the topic I posted

No John B I wasn´t trying to second guess you. I though you wanted to know how to achieve what you were asking in this topic heading.

If you have posted a topic and you want to change the title just select from the report inappropriate link which is located in each post "Remove my Post" and your thread will be removed. You can then start again with the title you meant to write.

The reason I said providing there are no replies was because if people had answered their comments would also be removed if you are the OP and remove your thread.

queeniesdailysnippets.wordpress.com

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
28,466 posts
6,374 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The ability to change the subject of the topic I posted

If nobody has posted to your original post, you can simply delete it and repost with a changed Topic Title.

You can do this by clicking the 'Report inappropriate content' blue link in your original post. Then a drop down box will appear where you choose the reason. Simply choose - Remove My Post. Your thread will be removed, if there are no other posts made to it.

Then you can just post your question again with the updated and changed and Topic Title.

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
5,152 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The ability to change the subject of the topic I posted

TA has never allowed topic titles to be changed, the only way the same effect can be achieved is by starting a new thread as suggested by the other posters,

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
65,803 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The ability to change the subject of the topic I posted

Even if there are replies, you can remove your own OP and the thread will be vacuumed out. That's for your own OP. I've done that.

Removing your own post 6 or # will only remove that one post.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The ability to change the subject of the topic I posted

This seems impossible now

=====

AFAIK its always been impossible

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
62,194 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The ability to change the subject of the topic I posted

If you have made a error in the title and you have had replies you can always add a post to say sorry the title should have been ................

USA
Level Contributor
7,112 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The ability to change the subject of the topic I posted

Good suggestion, John. TripAdvisor staff allegedly follow this forum, but I would not look for them to implement your improvement suggestion any time soon.

10. Re: The ability to change the subject of the topic I posted

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2015, 10:46