We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Defunct Businesses and How to get listing removed

Ellesmere, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Topic
Defunct Businesses and How to get listing removed

How do you report a business that is no longer trading in order to get it removed from TripAdvisor?

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
81,753 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Defunct Businesses and How to get listing removed

Hi Ian;

For future reference, the “TripAdvisor Support” forum is available for general "How To" questions and assistance using the TripAdvisor site.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12105-TripAdvi…

I would suggest visiting the Help Centre page "How do I correct inaccurate business information?" and following the directions there. That page is here on TA;

…tripadvisor.com/articles/200614667-How-do-I…

FYI...there is a link to the Help Centre at the bottom of every page.

Best Regards

USA
Level Contributor
7,125 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Defunct Businesses and How to get listing removed

My method has been to:

1. Use the update details link in the listing to report the property as permanently closed.

2. Wait a few weeks to see that the property is still listed.

3. Repeat one and two as the mood strikes me.

4. Submit a case through the Help Center: http://www.tripadvisor.com/GeneralSupport providing a link to a newspaper story about the closing.

5. Wait a few weeks to see that the property is still listed.

6. Repeat two, three, four, and five as the mood strikes me.

7. Find the property gone.

I have no idea if any of them work or if the listing disappears for other reasons.

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,618 posts
252 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Defunct Businesses and How to get listing removed

hoogo ... that's about the same procedure I follow, and eventually, as you've said, find the property listing gone.

I thought it was a much quicker process a few years ago.

4. Re: Defunct Businesses and How to get listing removed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2015, 12:00