We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Defunct Businesses and How to get listing removed

Ellesmere, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Defunct Businesses and How to get listing removed

How do you report a business that is no longer trading in order to get it removed from TripAdvisor?

West Grey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
84,442 posts
103 reviews
1. Re: Defunct Businesses and How to get listing removed

Hi Ian;

For future reference, the “TripAdvisor Support” forum is available for general "How To" questions and assistance using the TripAdvisor site.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12105-TripAdvi…

I would suggest visiting the Help Centre page "How do I correct inaccurate business information?" and following the directions there. That page is here on TA;

…tripadvisor.com/articles/200614667-How-do-I…

FYI...there is a link to the Help Centre at the bottom of every page.

Best Regards

USA
Level Contributor
7,138 posts
257 reviews
2. Re: Defunct Businesses and How to get listing removed

My method has been to:

1. Use the update details link in the listing to report the property as permanently closed.

2. Wait a few weeks to see that the property is still listed.

3. Repeat one and two as the mood strikes me.

4. Submit a case through the Help Center: http://www.tripadvisor.com/GeneralSupport providing a link to a newspaper story about the closing.

5. Wait a few weeks to see that the property is still listed.

6. Repeat two, three, four, and five as the mood strikes me.

7. Find the property gone.

I have no idea if any of them work or if the listing disappears for other reasons.

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,636 posts
267 reviews
3. Re: Defunct Businesses and How to get listing removed

hoogo ... that's about the same procedure I follow, and eventually, as you've said, find the property listing gone.

I thought it was a much quicker process a few years ago.

4. Re: Defunct Businesses and How to get listing removed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2015, 12:00