We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

#30 on List of Things to do in Toronto

Toronto, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
#30 on List of Things to do in Toronto

I'm just curious as to how Muse (a massage parlour) reached so high (#30) on the list of "Things to do" in the city?

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
29,899 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: #30 on List of Things to do in Toronto

I'm surprised it's not higher.

Please explain, RT.

Luigi

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,615 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: #30 on List of Things to do in Toronto

perhaps they give a good massage?

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,971 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: #30 on List of Things to do in Toronto

Hmm. Their website is down. But I do have to admit that, from what I've gleaned from their cached site, they're more of a massage parlor than a legit spa.

But Annabelle & Luigi know the real answer, I'm sure. These businesses have a veneer of legitimacy, in order to avoid being closed down as a common bawdy house. TA can't research ever single listing in depth, so a veneer is all that's needed. And they have a recent very favorable review, which will push them up in the rankings for a while.

Edited: 13 May 2011, 20:42
Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,615 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: #30 on List of Things to do in Toronto

haha just read the review and the reviewer was very pleased with his service. I wonder do they send TA review cards to their customers to fill in after a visit?

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
80,781 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: #30 on List of Things to do in Toronto

Hi Luigi;

You want me to explain what a massage parlour is ?

lol

I'm sure if you dialled 416-808-2222 and asked for the "Morality Bureau", someone could explain it to you.

;-)

Best Regards

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
29,899 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: #30 on List of Things to do in Toronto

Thanks, RT. If anyone else pops up with a Toronto question I'll give them that number. :)

Luigi

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,971 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: #30 on List of Things to do in Toronto

Their website is back up now. I note that they have, in very tiny print, the disclaimer "Sexual services of any kind are not offered or otherwise implied".

But it would interesting to see what happened if the "not implied" part was challenged in court, because it's certainly at odds with the website images.

It sounds like this massage and spa business is a variation on "adult entertainment" - legal, but hardly something you'd take your mother to enjoy.

Belgium
Level Contributor
1,493 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: #30 on List of Things to do in Toronto

I wonder if the listing position has to do with the review wording and presentation.

Last march, I requested a listing for an attraction and then reviewed it; It then went from being an unlisted, to 5th place for Ghent, Belgium.

I requested its deletion to tidy it up a bit. But I forgot about double checking its presentation via the preview. I had forgotton that the spacing don't translate exactly from "Word".

The first re-attempt was rejected. I resubmitted, again, forgetting to preview.

It's back up now... at #27 (out of 19)

9. Re: #30 on List of Things to do in Toronto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2012, 13:50