We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Attractions & Give More Weight to Number of Reviews

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
58 posts
83 reviews
Attractions & Give More Weight to Number of Reviews

I noticed that the main page for "Attractions" has changed. I think the change is a great filtering method to help break the categories down. I really liked that but I think that everything should still be filtered under ATTRACTIONS and then allow us to tab over and use the filters to break it down further if we need to. I thought it was more useful when we had all of the attractions ranked onto one page because it was helpful in deciding what to do if it came down to the last 2-3 activites that we could do.

I've also noticed that there seems to be a lot of companies that close their profile and/or start over once they start getting bad reviews or reviews they disagree with. I think this is to the disadvantage of the TripAdvisor user and that more weight should be placed onto the number of reviews. It will prevent companies from doing that and make a more conscious effort to improve their image or shortfalls.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
47,244 posts
288 reviews
1. Re: Attractions & Give More Weight to Number of Reviews

Darryll,

TripAdvisor just introduced this change to Things-to-Do in response to a request from many members in this forum.

I doubt that they will go back to the previous one-page, all listings, and change it to filters like Restaurants or Hotels have. It was a huge undertaking which still has many rough ends that require fixing.

On your second point, once listed a business cannot opt out of TripAdvisor. The listing is only removed if it closed down for good and submits documentation to the effect. Otherwise, listings and reviews remain on the site forever.

Silvia

2. Re: Attractions & Give More Weight to Number of Reviews

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 05:47