We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Know of hotel/resturant/attraction

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Know of hotel/resturant/attraction

What if I know a hotel/inn/restaurant exists, but have never been there and would just like to see them listed for continuity's sake? (People might not post reviews of someplace that's not listed b/c they're intimidated or not tech savvy enough to figure out how to add a listing.)

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
44,647 posts
1,112 reviews
1. Re: Know of hotel/resturant/attraction

Do you mean listed in the "reviews" section, even though nobody has done a review on the place? Just listed there so somebody could try it out?

Some cities do have listings that have not yet been reviewed by TA members. Here is one small example:

tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g51887-Gold_Beac…

Check the bottom of the list.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
27 reviews
2. Re: Know of hotel/resturant/attraction

Seems to me TA used to have a form for adding a listing without a review. But now when I go into the Help Center and select "How to tell us about a property we don't have listed" it tells you how to add it along with your review. I can't figure out how to just get a property listed if you aren't an owner.

If you are an owner of a prop and want it listed, this page tells you how: www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_can_i_get_listed

Also - this page tripadvisor.com/help/how_did_my_property_end… mentions how listings appear on TA - it's aimed at property owners.

Maybe someone else can find that form in the Help Center.

-Noah

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
27,165 posts
94 reviews
3. Re: Know of hotel/resturant/attraction

I'd follow the instructions on this page from the Help Center, "How to alert us of an attraction, restaurant, or accommodation listing we don't have":

tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_alert_us_of_an_a…

Yes, it's described in terms of writing a review for that place, but I'm confident that the folks at TA who screen reviews and update listings will understand what to do with a review that reads "Couldn't find this on your site, please add listing." Perhaps the Help Center page could be expanded to clarify that point.

4. Re: Know of hotel/resturant/attraction

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 08:49