We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Loss of dates under “Trip” section of App

London, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Loss of dates under “Trip” section of App

Hi

Updated to the latest version of the iOS app and I’m quite astonished the “trips” functionality is literally barebones now. It used to be my go-to functionality to organise my itinerary, and the most fundamental thing has not been removed - the ability to assign sights to “dates”.

Please can we get an update on when this will be introduced, or has this been intentionally removed?

8 replies to this topic
Berkshire, United...
Level Contributor
19,765 posts
61 reviews
1. Re: Loss of dates under “Trip” section of App

I have lost every trip I had saved!

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Avignon
Level Contributor
15,807 posts
149 reviews
2. Re: Loss of dates under “Trip” section of App

Me too, really annoying that so much is now hidden away.

Traveller, have you trued to contact your followers to ask them to stop fllowing you?

Edited: 17 November 2018, 04:29
Beachwood NJ
Level Contributor
899 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: Loss of dates under “Trip” section of App

I used to use the trip section as well to organize my whole trip day by day but now the site is pretty much useless! What the heck did they do?!?! It was great the way it was and now it is useless. Hoping they restore the ability to place your hotel, t;hings to do etc day by day again. I can't find a contact number to call to inquire.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
32 reviews
4. Re: Loss of dates under “Trip” section of App

Agree trip section of no use at all without the date function.

London, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
5. Re: Loss of dates under “Trip” section of App

I really don’t want to go back to using Google Sheets! The ability to assign dates was probably the best feature in the whole app. Please bring this back TripAdvisor!

Hong Kong, null...
1 post
6. Re: Loss of dates under “Trip” section of App

Me too, I keyed all the itineraries in for my trips and now with the dates gone, all the sequence of the itinerary are also messed up!!! I'm truly frustrated especially it happened before my trip. In the end, I had to copy it out one by one by memory. Also, the Map function to show each day's itinerary is gone, it used to be so useful to see the places you'll visit in a day.

Trip Advisor, will you please restore these 2 important functions? Without them, your website is basically useless. Hope you hear all of us here. Thank you very much.

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
26,593 posts
38 reviews
7. Re: Loss of dates under “Trip” section of App

I have hopefully some good news, or at least partial good news, for you.

Please see post 11 of this link. It should lead you to your saved Trips.

https:/…96338731

The bad news is that it's still not fixed or updated so you cannot create new trips nor add to existing saved trip lists.

SWT

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
29,064 posts
6,619 reviews
8. Re: Loss of dates under “Trip” section of App

It seems the new (partially implemented) My Trip section is better serving as a replacement to the old 'Trip Lists' that TA did away with a few years back. It actually, in its present form, works similarly to that old feature but with better layout and integrated map.

As for an trip planning tool, what is presently Live on the TA website is of very little use. They may need to rethink the structure of the page in order for there to be a working date organiser that was available with the previous Old TA website.

Reply to: Loss of dates under “Trip” section of App
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted