We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Gacilly

Limoges, France
Level Contributor
1 post
29 reviews
La Gacilly

I tried to post a review about a small town in Brittany called La Gacilly but it was turned down. This is a mistake. This town holds a world renowned photographic exhibition every year. This year's theme is La Terre et Questions, some 4000 images throughout the town and the subject matter raises some very good questions for the world at large - it is magnificent and would take two days to gve it proper viewing. The town is also the most beautifully planted up place I have seen. It's also on the River Aff so you can hire a small day boat and go downriver to the Brest/Nantes canal to 'ile aux Pies a local beauty spot. The riverbank itself is very Tolkeinesque with its giant ferns, ents and orcs.

I am asking you to reconsider the review and to add La Gacilly to the list of townsa that can be reviewed. It's bars and restaurants are already on TripAdvisor - why not the town itself? I would send you some photographs to reinforce my point but I cannot see any way of doing that.

2 replies to this topic
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
54,458 posts
1,819 reviews
1. Re: La Gacilly

With but the most rare of situations, one cannot Review an entire town.

However, one can write Reviews for all Listed attractions in the town, or can submit requests for attraction, lodging and restaurants in the town, if not already listed.

Also, one can write a Trip Report, and post that to the town’s forum.

Best of luck,

Hunt

Essex
Level Contributor
31,973 posts
69 reviews
2. Re: La Gacilly

Temporary attractions/events/festivals even if they are regular yearly events, can't be listed if they last less than 12 weeks.

However if there is no listing you can write a review or a trip report in the relevent forum.

Reply to: La Gacilly
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted