We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Posting reviews: making it easier

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
78 reviews
Posting reviews: making it easier

Why not just have a tab for this so that we can just enter the location and hotel/restaurant etc name and then write the reveiw? I waste at least 10 minutes every time I start reviewing a new place just trying to get to the right place. Once I've done one review, it's fine because the page suggests other local things but getting to the first one is a total pain.

8 replies to this topic
Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
70,660 posts
123 reviews
1. Re: Posting reviews: making it easier

Hi

There is a search bar at the top of every page where you can type in the name of the location and/or the name of the hotel/restaurant.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
52,719 posts
1,769 reviews
2. Re: Posting reviews: making it easier

As mentioned, I use that Search query box, with the magnifying glass.

Also, there is the hyperlink, Write a Review, in my Profile Page, to the right of Add Photos.

Best of luck,

Hunt

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
78 reviews
3. Re: Posting reviews: making it easier

Hello. I can't find "write a review" or "add photos" in my profile page. Is it just a smarphone thing, as I haven't got a smartphone.

Regards

Hilary

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
70,660 posts
123 reviews
4. Re: Posting reviews: making it easier

Hi Hilary

When you are logged in, what do you see on this page?

www.tripadvisor.com/members/186411Visitor

On a computer, scroll down just a bit. Above the bold font that says "My Contributions" you should see "Write a Review"

So Cal
Level Contributor
11,783 posts
75 reviews
5. Re: Posting reviews: making it easier

To be fair, TA has done a lot of tinkering with the site and IMO, some of the pages are overly cluttered. The buttons are all there, but you have to do more scrolling and searching.

You can use the method above, from your profile page. Or you can find the listing, e.g. click the magnifying glass icon at the upper right, enter a hotel name and location; select the correct one from the list (since it's almost impossible to enter the name and city exactly the way it appears on TA); scroll down past the date box and photos, past the Overview, past the You may also like, past the Rooms => et voila, there are the Reviews and the Write a Review button! Finally!

It's all there, it's just...not obvious.

Can Tho, Vietnam
Level Contributor
4 posts
41 reviews
6. Re: Posting reviews: making it easier

I haven't been on site for a while but have posted 40 reviews. I am trying to review a restaurant I went to tonight - great experience but am unable to get to the form for writing a review. It used to be very easy. NOw I'm about to give up and never return

Can Tho, Vietnam
Level Contributor
4 posts
41 reviews
7. Re: Posting reviews: making it easier

Found the restaurant. That's not the issue. This site has become quite complicated and it is not so easy to find the things that you want.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
11,541 posts
153 reviews
8. Re: Posting reviews: making it easier

Look for that magnifying glass icon. On computer and Android. Mine has it. Click on that, type in the search bar whatever place you are looking for. It should come up, then scroll down until you find "Write A Review".

Reply to: Posting reviews: making it easier
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions