We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deleted reviews

Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
26 reviews
Deleted reviews

Hi

I have been trying to post the review below for a tour i did a while ago but it keeps getting deleted.

First time it got flaged by another user for violating the tripadvisor guidelines. I didnt see the mail from tripadvisor in time where i was supposed to confirm the review (so it got deleted). I reposted the review and now it is again deleted and i havent gotten a mail from tripadvisor. Someone know what i am doing wrong?

-------

I booked the full day tour after reading the good reviews on tripadvisor. Unfortunately, My experience was not that great.

Positive:

- The ride on the bamboo train

- The Banan Temple

Neutral:

- All the other sites you visit (bat cave, winery, etc.) were not a must see for me

- Samol's level of English is ok. We got most of what he said

- Samol's tultuk is in ok shape. Suitable for 2-4 people

Negative

- Samol's beer drinking and drivig during the tour

- Samol's inappropriate/sleazy comments towards females. He mentioned he was looking for a western girlfriend several times. That made us feel uncomfortable

- There were additional costs involved that were not mentioned on the website

- He wanted to charge us more than we agreed on before the tour

My advice:

Book any ramdome tuktuk for a couple of dollars to the bamboo train and the Banan Temple and leave out the rest. You will get away a lot cheaper and you wont have the feeling of your tour being streched unnecessarily in order for it to fill the whole day. That said, I would not book this tour again

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
47,261 posts
288 reviews
1. Re: Deleted reviews

I think the problem is that you're making statements such as " Samol's beer drinking and drivig during the tour"

Did you see Samoi drinking beer? How was his driving affected? A review needs to be written as your personal experience. If you have heard that Samoi drinks beer, if would be hearsay. If you have seen him drinking too much and his driving affected, you need to say that you saw him drinking heavily. It's a serious accusation IMO, and you need to back it up with what you saw.

Same goes for " He mentioned he was looking for a western girlfriend several times" He mentioned it to whom? You could instead say He told us .....

Edited: 22 July 2017, 17:44
Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
26 reviews
2. Re: Deleted reviews

Thanks for the reply. Yes, he was drinking beer during lunch and had some wine at the winery we visited. He was driving fast, but not sure if it was because of the alcohol. He also told me he wanted a western girlfriend. Im just not sure how that is very different from what i wrote. Ill give it another try...

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
46,093 posts
842 reviews
3. Re: Deleted reviews

Seems ok to me. The only thing that I can think of is that you give an employee's name.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
7,260 posts
82 reviews
4. Re: Deleted reviews

If you have any further issues I recommend the Support forum at:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g1-i…

which was intended for problems with the website as well as "how to" questions. This forum ("Help Us Make TripAdvisor Better") was set up to provide feedback and to make suggestions to improve the website.

5. Re: Deleted reviews

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2018, 10:47