We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TA Commercial

Dublin, California
1 post
1 review
TA Commercial

I cannot believing I am taking the time to do this... The TA commercial currently on television is so annoying! The yelp/scream sound? Watching CNN, then boom; sorry, but it's just too much.

38 replies to this topic
Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,439 posts
830 reviews
1. Re: TA Commercial

I haven't seen that one, but I think the owl in the bathrobe is so cute.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
53,412 posts
1,800 reviews
2. Re: TA Commercial

I too have only seen Ollie, who seems to be fairly low-key.

Not sure how it will be, when they shoot the version with Mondial, playing opposite Ollie, but cannot wait to see it!

Hunt

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
53,412 posts
1,800 reviews
3. Re: TA Commercial

Though I use no 3rd party sites, I do enjoy some of the Hotels.com "Captain Obvious" ads.

Hunt

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,783 posts
84 reviews
4. Re: TA Commercial

Every commercial on television is annoying.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
34,939 posts
111 reviews
5. Re: TA Commercial

We get the Trivago one..........dull as ditch water it seems to be everywhere. TV and Youtube. No escape and with 4 per half hour programme I could do the screaming!

It's not the one that comes up on the web if you google it. That at least has some entertainment to it

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,783 posts
84 reviews
6. Re: TA Commercial

They can't all be the booking.com kindergarten teacher commercial.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,439 posts
830 reviews
7. Re: TA Commercial

My husband can no longer tolerate those Trivago commercials, and is ready to start throwing tomatoes at the screen, except that he knows he will have to do the clean up afterwards.

They are everywhere, and spending a fortune on all the networks. I do not know one single person who uses them, however they must be making tons of money.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
53,412 posts
1,800 reviews
8. Re: TA Commercial

Just saw the new TA commercial, the one with the "Yelp" on both ends. Even with very little TV time, I have suffered through it 3x already.

Oh, please make it stop!

Hunt

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
74,119 posts
478 reviews
9. Re: TA Commercial

I detest all of the adverts mentioned. My wife finds the Trivago ads here in the UK particularly irritating. She is normally a placid person, but she shows some violent tendencies when Trivago commercials appear.

She's not keen on the TA ad we've seen, but at least she doesn't start talking about killing people, or more specifically, the Trivago woman :-)

Colorado Springs...
1 post
10. Re: TA Commercial

Absolutely!!! The sound is vaguely reminiscent of the legendary Michael Jackson's trademark "Wooo!" but minus the payoff of MJ's golden voice and unparalleled dancing. The owl commercials are annoying as all "get-out" (i.e. immediately muted at the sound of the first "woot")!

Reply to: TA Commercial
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted