We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do I get TripAdvisor to respond to my question.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
How do I get TripAdvisor to respond to my question.

I have previously raised two support tickets asking TripAdvisor about how I provide a review for a Scuba Diving Liveaboard Holiday which took place in the Maldives, (which obviously does not have a Maldivian Post Code), but instead provided and run by a UK Holiday Company which obviously does have a UK Post Code. TripAdvisor does not currently allow you to submit a review for another country with a UK Post Code and only accepts Post Codes for the country visited.

Despite raising this issue and asking for help on two separate occasions TripAdvisor Support keep marking the issue as solved without providing any help or advice and as a senior contributor I am now becoming extremely dissapointed with their lack of response.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
25,904 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do I get TripAdvisor to respond to my question.

Over on the Support forum I've seen other members also say their support ticket shows as solved but the problem remains. A Staff member did comment that it could show as "solved" because it's been passed onto the correct department for dealing with. If that's the case, then I really don't think it should say "solved" (as that upsets and frustrates people). I think they should insert a message saying "matter under investigation - we will contact you in 3-5 days".

Can you re-open the Support ticket and type something asking for an update? Or, open up a new support ticket and mention the numbers of previous tickets and ask for it to be passed to a more senior Staff member as it's been closed twice without resolution.

And, by the way, that "Senior Contributor" label is meaningless I'm afraid and won't get any of us members any better service or attention. All the badges, points and labels are just supposed to be for "fun" TripAdvisor Staff say. The whole TripCollective scheme means nothing much at all.

Edited: 29 April 2017, 00:31
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How do I get TripAdvisor to respond to my question.

Many thanks for your most informative comments and I can see that you fully understand my frustration.

The Senior Contributor label may not mean much to TripAdvisor, but it meant something to me as I have always treated my previous trip contributions very seriously and conscientiously and was hoping that TripAdvisor would appreciate my previous effort and loyalty by both acting and responding accordingly.

Unfortunately I am now under the impression that we are all just a number within the hundreds of thousands of contributors and therefore individually not really valued by them.

If the SOLVED comment really means that the problem has been passed on within TripAdvisor for further investigation they should at least send a reply message saying that this is the case. Seeing this message on the last two support tickets I translated as IGNORE.

Anyway many thanks for taking the time to reply.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
66,366 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How do I get TripAdvisor to respond to my question.

Does "Liveaboard Holiday" mean spending a number of nights on a boat and scuba diving during the day?

Unfortunately, I believe a tour company needs to be local with a phone number, email address, local address and postal code.

Edited: 29 April 2017, 09:27
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How do I get TripAdvisor to respond to my question.

Yes you are totally correct this is Scuba Diving holiday from a boat based in the Maldives but run and administered by a UK company.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
69,135 posts
466 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How do I get TripAdvisor to respond to my question.

>>>hoping that TripAdvisor would appreciate my previous effort and loyalty by both acting and responding accordingly.<<<

As far as I can tell, TA treat everyone the same regardless of how many levels or titles they have achieved, or how many contributions they have made. I wouldn't have it any other way.

6. Re: How do I get TripAdvisor to respond to my question.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2018, 09:48
Get answers to your questions