We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No Pets Allowed

california
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
No Pets Allowed

I would appreciate if TripAdvisor could add a filter for "no pets allowed" on hotel searches. I refuse to stay in a hotel that allows pets, and it would save lots of time to search with this filter addition. Thank you!

49 replies to this topic
Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
27,601 posts
1. Re: No Pets Allowed

The information about any hotel listed on here is submitted by the hotel itself or any ordinary TripAdvisor member can submit details of a listing. TripAdvisor don't go out and visit and research each hotel to gather information about whether they allow pets or not. I'm not sure how accurate any "pets" or "no pets" info is on here.

I don't like dogs, so I would like to know if the owner has dogs running all around the guesthouse, or whether guests will be bringing smelly dogs. I usually find that information on the official website of the guesthouse itself. I browse TripAdvisor listings and reviews pages, but I don't 100% rely on the accuracy of the description info on that page. I double check.

West Grey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
84,402 posts
103 reviews
2. Re: No Pets Allowed

Hi Viajera4960;

My wife and I stayed at a hotel that advertised "No Pets Allowed". In the middle of our first night there, we were awoken by a loud "WOOF".

When we commented to the front desk clerk about the dog and how their website states "NO Pets", she replied that they've been meaning to update their website. It has only recently been revised...almost 7 years later.

I would suggest contacting any prospective hotel in advance of booking...not relying on TA or even the hotel's own website.

Best Regards

Cockermouth, Cumbria
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: No Pets Allowed

It's a difficult search filter. As a parent with a child who has a severe allergy to dog and cat dander (hair, faeces, urine, saliva, all airborne) it's difficult to choose somewhere just because it says no pets allowed (we used to end up after a day in A+E until I started to question everyone involved). We find many don't allow you to bring pets as they have a small petting zoo of their own! We went to stay in a holiday let in Buckfastleigh, Devon. The owners said no pets, we checked and still no pets. After my family booked for us all to have a family gathering I called only to find out the own lives next door with her dog that's allowed free reign including on changeover days. She said the dog isn't sent into the cottage on purpose unless it's to chase out the cat!

There needs to be a more obvious filter i.e NO PETS ENVIRONMENT or PET ALLERGY FRIENDLY

At the moment, I do the search and then put in the pet friendly filter, write down all that allow pets and then one by one contact the others to check. It takes weeks to find somewhere, it's usually the luxury end but worth every penny!

Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
4,560 posts
4. Re: No Pets Allowed

Even a no pets allowed policy will not guarantee that there will not be animals. Service animals are allowed to go anywhere their owners are allowed to go. It is against the law to refuse them.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
74,488 posts
478 reviews
5. Re: No Pets Allowed

That's a very fair point, lobomago. I think that there can also be a difference between no visiting pets and ther ebeing no pets at a property. In the end, as is usaully the case, the best thing to do is to contact the accommodation and ask for some detailed information.

Raleigh, North...
1 post
6. Re: No Pets Allowed

Is there a chain that doesn't allow pets?

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,625 posts
830 reviews
7. Re: No Pets Allowed

Welcome to the forums, Shelly.

I am sure there are more, but the one I am aware of, is Marriott Courtyards. The other Marriotts (Residence Inn, Ritz-Carlton, etc.) do permit pets, but not the Courtyards. However, some pets are tiny enough to put in a purse, and sneak in, so, even though they are not permitted, they might be guests. Just recently, I saw a sign at a Palm Springs Courtyard about a $250 fine if pets are brought into a room.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,633 posts
219 reviews
8. Re: No Pets Allowed

Shelley, as another poster has said, a no pets rule won't necessarily mean no animals as there may be service animals there or the owners may have pets.

New Jersey
2 posts
1 review
9. Re: No Pets Allowed

Thank you!

New Jersey
2 posts
1 review
10. Re: No Pets Allowed

Thank you!

Reply to: No Pets Allowed
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted