We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TA system keeps asking for reviews of places I haven't been

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1 post
394 reviews
Save Topic
TA system keeps asking for reviews of places I haven't been

I have written hundreds of reviews, and occasionally when looking up a place I have clicked on the wrong button or realised that I was looking at a similarly named but incorrect place, and I came out of the page without writing a review. After all, how could I? I had never been to that place. Then the system keeps cluttering up my page asking me FOR EVER AND EVER if I would liike to write a review of those places. I have tried deleting them, or even writing part of a review and then deleting the draft and STILL the same places keep coming up every day on my profile page. It is really annoying, and nobody at TA seems to have a clue how to stop it. Any advice from anyone, or any technical help from TA?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
67,128 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TA system keeps asking for reviews of places I haven't been

Change the setting of the 9 buttons in your Subscriptions.

Top edge of this page on a computer. Your avatar. Click and choose "Subscriptions." Make sure the dots are set to "Unsubscribe."

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,487 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TA system keeps asking for reviews of places I haven't been

The app is even worse for that! The notification bell is constantly lit with 'did you end up going to...' and asking for reviews just because I happen to have visited different destination forums.

I'm not subscribed to anything so it might also be a creepy 'cookies' issue for the OP as well.

3. Re: TA system keeps asking for reviews of places I haven't been

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2018, 09:47