We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why haven't reported Advertising posts been removed

London, United...
Level Contributor
15,338 posts
136 reviews
Why haven't reported Advertising posts been removed

User SlimBoyTimm has for the last 2 days being promoting/advertising the same website on the on all the Thailand forums.

I reported this but his posts are still there. Why ?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
41,307 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: Why haven't reported Advertising posts been removed

Did you report via the pull down in each post? It takes more than one reporter to get them removed by that method ( no one knows how many, but more than one person) . The other method is via the General Support link in the Help Center which will go direct to a staff Moderator. If advertiisng is flagrant, I use that method and once the Mod sees it, they have the power to remove all the posts at once.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
44,310 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: Why haven't reported Advertising posts been removed

As Lulutoo mentioned go through the General Support link to report blatant promotion/advertising within the forums, a Mod will then take down all the posts in one go. Just copy and paste the member profile in the comments box with an explanation.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/GeneralSupport

Angie.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
46,122 posts
842 reviews
3. Re: Why haven't reported Advertising posts been removed

When a poster is strictly posting for self-promotion, I report the poster rather than the posts and often they close his account. Reporting every post can be tedious.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
74,155 posts
478 reviews
4. Re: Why haven't reported Advertising posts been removed

That is the correct way to do it in my opinion. Report the poster and staff can look into it themselves. Reporting the posts just means others have to do the same.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
68,087 posts
66 reviews
5. Re: Why haven't reported Advertising posts been removed

I'm not sure he is promoting. His remaining posts give no link at all, just advice. Can you identify him as being connected to the company he is linking? In my forums, we have a couple of posters who repeat the same websites in their advice. I often do so myself. The reason is that they are helpful websites that provide good info for the OP's questions. It's important to know the difference.

6. Re: Why haven't reported Advertising posts been removed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2018, 11:47