We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private messages

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
305 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
Private messages

You force me to download the app n mobile, but I cannot access direct questions or PMs?

This function would be useful

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
39,951 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private messages

Hi! First of all, I am NOT a staff member of TA. I am a member just like you.

A. no one forces you to download anything. I have been using a mobile version ( not the app) on my iPhone for over two years. I just X out the request that I download the app and continue to use a mobile web version.

B. if you want to access messages etc. you can click, on the bottom where it says "full site" and you'll have everything -however it will be in a teeny tiny version!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
305 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private messages

I'm on Android. There I'd find functionality that doesn't work with the app.

And using full site doesn't render correctly making it very difficult to read anything without horizontal scrolling.

I work in software development and delivery for a living, and having access to messages bits the app would not be difficult to implement hence my suggestion.

3. Re: Private messages

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2018, 10:47