We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Misleading TripAdvisor email - photo is not the destination

Canberra
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Misleading TripAdvisor email - photo is not the destination

I just received an email from TripAdvisor with the subject line "Kuta" and a heading "Book the best of Kuta". It had a large photograph of an outrigger canoe on a deserted beach that is clearly NOT Kuta, as anyone who is familiar with the region would know. As well as the lack of people, the photo shows a forested peninsula and some offshore islands, neither of which are present in or near Kuta. This is misleading. I wonder how many other TripAdvisor photographs are of places different to the places they are promoting?

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
25,494 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Misleading TripAdvisor email - photo is not the destination

Probably heaps. We members upload photos, and some are dreadful, useless and incorrect.

Just looked at the Kuta tourism page (by clicking on the blue link word in your posting above) and is this the dodgy photo you mean? -

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Tourism-g2976…

It looks to be submitted by a member back in 2013. If it's wrong then click anywhere on the photo and then use the "Report" link under the photo and report it to TripAdvisor as incorrect location or some other option.

Edited: 13 February 2017, 06:04
Level Contributor
231 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Misleading TripAdvisor email - photo is not the destination

I have a picture of Tower Bridge, London in one of my reviews of Milan, Italy. I'm going to chalk this up to "software error" as there's no way this was my fault! :)

I wouldn't worry about it, I've found a lot more egregious errors in some reviews like reviewing the completely wrong place. I notify TA when I come across them and sometimes they're fixed and sometimes not, oh well.

3. Re: Misleading TripAdvisor email - photo is not the destination

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2018, 11:47