We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress code Adventure of the Seas - Med Cruise June 2012

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
100 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dress code Adventure of the Seas - Med Cruise June 2012

Looking to go on our first ever cruise. We are two sisters and have discovered there are 2 formal nights on this ship. Not into cocktail dresses at all! Can we avoid the formal nights and eat elsewhere. OK with smart casual tops and skirts, but thought on dresses is putting us off. Any help greatly appreciated and tips for the first time cruisers!

Treasure Coast of...
Destination Expert
for Ronda
Level Contributor
11,413 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress code Adventure of the Seas - Med Cruise June 2012

Just look nice and you will be fine, all l do is shorts then on formal night pair of nice pants and nice shirt even with my tennis shoes works. I think you can dress that nice, if not, you alwas have the buffet, good luck and have fun. Hubie

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
13,961 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress code Adventure of the Seas - Med Cruise June 2012

There are several other dining options where you don't have to dress "formal" - the formal dress code applies only to the Main Dining room. The specialty restaurants, buffet, promenade pizza, etc are all smart casual. Keep in mind - formal does not necessarily mean long ball gown but rather cocktail dress, pretty maxi dresses, palazzo pants and sparkly top, etc. Very subjective for ladies!

But, there are plenty of other dining options where smart casual is the dress code - you should have no problems! Enjoy your cruise.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,949 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress code Adventure of the Seas - Med Cruise June 2012

You can absolutely avoid dressing up on formal nights if you so wish by simply dining in the buffet or elsewhere.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
100 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Dress code Adventure of the Seas - Med Cruise June 2012

thank you so much for all your helpful replies

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
187 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dress code Adventure of the Seas - Med Cruise June 2012

I went on this ship last summer. My friend and I were both first time cruisers. We dined in the formal dining room and wore black trousers and smart top. If it's not your thing you can dine in the Windjammer.

Enjoy your cruise

Sarah

Cornwall, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Dress code Adventure of the Seas - Med Cruise June 2012

Hi, you do not need a formal dress. I usually wear a long skirt (black) with any nice top and earings will do. Try a chale on your shoulders you will love it. You can always have dinner at the buffet restaurant where you do not need to dress up but really it is not like it seems. The second formal night just change the top no problem, As I said a top just a bit more dressy than usual. Nothing else. I also sometimes wear a nice pair of black slacks and nice sandals and all is good. Have a good cruise. you will love it.

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
14,558 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dress code Adventure of the Seas - Med Cruise June 2012

<<"Try a chale on your shoulders you will love it.">>

Just curious ... what is a chale?

Alvor, Portugal
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dress code Adventure of the Seas - Med Cruise June 2012

Hi we got back from this cruise 3 days ago, loved it had a fab time, I decided to take all my cocktail dresses as a mum of 4 yr old twins , never get much chance to dress up, i wore cocktail dresses, alot of women wore smart clothes does not have to be cocktail dresses though, i just thought i would go for it. If you want to go to the Windjammer that is casual every night, I guess i put on half a stone this holiday , so much food, drinks aren't cheap though, any questions you need answering on this cruise please ask me, as I said only got back 3 days ago, i'm sure you will love it.Wish we could of stayed another week, some people were doing 2 weeks plus on this cruise.

Regards

Lisa

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
100 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Dress code Adventure of the Seas - Med Cruise June 2012

Hi thanks for your message. Is there a soft drinks package at all.

I've a work colleague who also has recently been on this cruise and she has given me lots of tips re excursions etc.

Any other tips would be fab - we go a week on Saturday

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,949 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dress code Adventure of the Seas - Med Cruise June 2012

There should be a soft drinks package, although be aware they call it a soda package.

You will be able to order it online once you log on to RCI website.