We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone used the website Airfordable?

Ocala, Florida
Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone used the website Airfordable?

I'm buying airfare to go overseas and I heard about this website. Has anyone used this and how was the experience?

108 replies to this topic
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
27,034 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone used the website Airfordable?

https://www.airfordable.com

forbes.com/sites/…192c74c41fd4

They loan you the money to buy a ticket which you pay back in installments *with interest*, and a fee of between 10-20% of the cost of the ticket. In other words you pay **a lot more** than the actual cost of the flight.

I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
53,949 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone used the website Airfordable?

It seems like asking a person in the next queue at the grocery store to book a ticket you could book yourself, and pay that person a handsome sum to do so.

I can't think of any reasons why this would be considered a sensible thing to do.

3. Re: Has anyone used the website Airfordable?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 September 2016, 23:05

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
8,457 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone used the website Airfordable?

"It's great for breaking up the large sums of some airline tickets into much more manageable amounts." - Sorry, that simply does not make sense and raises the question of ability to travel. It does end up costing more in the long run. Cut out the middle man and buy from the airline directly.

Level Contributor
2,232 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone used the website Airfordable?

Isnt it sweet of Juanita, to come to TA and give a glowing review of a 3rd party airline booker.....

Nothing SUSS!!

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,068 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone used the website Airfordable?

nothing at all , huh ;-)

BANKS are the correct source of funding, thats what they do for a living.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
8,731 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone used the website Airfordable?

<<<I have used them, and I found it to be a great experience. They do charge a service fee, but do not charge interest. It's great for breaking up the large sums of some airline tickets into much more manageable amounts. The employees are very friendly..etc>>>

----------------------------------------------------

Balderdash, and virtually guaranteed not to be a real review. One and only one posting on TA and a glowing testimonial of a company that appears to take advantage of the financially illiterate.

Who cares if the charge is is a service fee, or interest. It's money out of your pocket. What's next, glowing reviews of pay day loan companies? They don't charge interest either..but they sure charge fees.

Edited: 26 August 2016, 05:58
Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
525 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone used the website Airfordable?

I always wonder: have the people who fall for these scams never heard of the two magic words, "CREDIT CARD"?

Frankly, if you can't afford to pay for the flights in one hit, you have to ask the question if you can afford to go on holiday at all.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
7,967 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anyone used the website Airfordable?

Hi

The words credit card make far more sense, and if you are a bit skint then add the words 'balance transfer, interest free' to your vocabulary.

Jackie

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,617 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Has anyone used the website Airfordable?

Juanita

Congratulations on your forum debut, having been a member since 2012 !

Does the company you recommend so highly accept any currency, or just pre-decimal British currency?

Frankly, I wouldn't touch a company like Airfordable with somebody else's bargepole, well greased and thoroughly sanitised.

Mondial

Edited: 26 August 2016, 14:05
Reply to: Has anyone used the website Airfordable?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted