We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

China Southern Question

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
9,892 posts
221 reviews
China Southern Question

We recently flew in a 787 business class with CZ, CHC to LGW. According to Seat guru there is no AC at the seats (must be a record for abbreviations in 1 sentence). However there was a 110v plug in the consol. does anyone know if these work?

We really enjoyed the flight except for the IFE. The car ads were the best bits! What format would you need to take your own movies?

I have tried using google to track down these answers without success and the CZ website is just too much of a challenge. Apart from this the experience was superb :) It would be my first choice from NZ to Europe.

Edited: 01 August 2016, 08:00
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
13,760 posts
49 reviews
1. Re: China Southern Question

<<It would be my first choice from NZ to Europe>>

Great to know as they will soon start flying out of ADL - and considering using them for our flight to Europe next year.

Cant answer your question though- sorry

London, United...
Level Contributor
512 posts
33 reviews
2. Re: China Southern Question

We flew with them a couple years ago in business class and enjoyed them, despite getting diverted in China and missing our connection. The diversion was because of thunderstorms so we were happy to be safe. We did see the power sockets but did not use them, Seatguru do actually show that there is AC power to all seats in business class on the China Southern 788.

https:/…fleetinfo.php

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
26,565 posts
38 reviews
3. Re: China Southern Question

Only flown with them domestically within China on short haul aircraft layouts so cannot answer your questions, but will follow response with interest as we might consider them for the reverse trip.

You may not have seen the last of me, NZMike!!!!

;-)

SWT

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
9,892 posts
221 reviews
4. Re: China Southern Question

For us there were several advantages with CZ. They left from Christchurch. It was only a 4 hour time difference to CAN, then 8 hour difference to LGW and this seemed to make time clock recovery easier. I must write a review. We found the service on a par with the star alliance. The food was much better. However wine choice was red or white, and there was no drinks trolley.

They have the ultimate seat. Downsides are ife and they leave seat belt sign on a lot and just "bong" when new patch of turbulence is coming up.

Best of all was we could afford Business Class!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
329 posts
63 reviews
5. Re: China Southern Question

Hi NZ Mike. I flew CZ 788 into CHC and out of PER and used the USB power port for my hand held device. Seemed to work fine as they did on the 773s over the top to JFK.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
9,892 posts
221 reviews
6. Re: China Southern Question

I assume the same usb outlet is where you can plug in movies?

I need ac for my cpap machine. Then I can leave my li-ion battery at home.

Puerto Galera...
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
29 reviews
7. Re: China Southern Question

Business may be OK but economy on 787 is very uncomfortable, hard cramped seats also the transit at Guanzhou involved standing in line for over an hour in order to get into the transit lounge.

8. Re: China Southern Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2017, 05:36
9. Re: China Southern Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2018, 11:47