We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do I cancel air asia tickets? Please help :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
244 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
How do I cancel air asia tickets? Please help :)

Hi everyone, we had previously booked tickets with air asia and now are no longer able to use them. I log into big shot and go to manage my booking - there is no option to cancel. Their live chat says 'come back later' and their info page says 'this page has disappeared'. Their office is closed in Australia until Monday - we are supposed to fly on Saturday so I want to get it sorted asap. I did speak to them a few months ago and we were having to pay more to change the flight dates than to just buy new tickets. Does anyone know how i can do this? Any help is greatly appreciated :) Thanks so much!

26 replies to this topic
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,549 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do I cancel air asia tickets? Please help :)

If you aren't going to use them, why not simply purchase new tickets and forget about the old ones.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
10,985 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How do I cancel air asia tickets? Please help :)

It's already Saturday. Are you wanting to simply cancel or do you expect a refund?

Couldn't you just not turn up?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,034 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How do I cancel air asia tickets? Please help :)

Since they're a lowcost carrier I would assume most of their tickets are non-refundable, Have you got a refundable ticket? If not, why do you want to cancel?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
244 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How do I cancel air asia tickets? Please help :)

Thanks for your replies - I don't want a refund - I just thought I should cancel. It's for next Saturday. We are now flying on the same date to Hawaii for a family wedding on a different airline. I was worried it might cause a problem having the two flights booked out of the same place. (I have never not turned up before) but if it's fine to just not turn up, that's what we will do. Thanks so much ☺️

Edited: 30 July 2016, 07:51
Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,801 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How do I cancel air asia tickets? Please help :)

Don't worry about your AirAsia tickets if you don't want it anymore. Many just don't turn up on the day of their flight without any consequence because in the first place there's no way for you cancel it.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,843 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How do I cancel air asia tickets? Please help :)

Air Asia has pretty good instructions on getting the airport taxes back if you do not fly.http://www.airasia.com/ask/template.do?id=443

They start by telling that bookings cannot be cancelled.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
244 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How do I cancel air asia tickets? Please help :)

Oh that's great info! Thanks so much! That's a big relief 😊

Level Contributor
1,068 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How do I cancel air asia tickets? Please help :)

Why would you not want to cancel? Some airlines will let you cancel and then rebook within a year for a fee. That way you don't lose the original cost of your ticket but it all depends on the cost of the ticket versus the rebooking booking fee.

Bengaluru, India
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: How do I cancel air asia tickets? Please help :)

Is there a way to cancel air ticket booked in Air asia. I am trying this past a week

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
3,265 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: How do I cancel air asia tickets? Please help :)

you do not need to cancel anything

although there seems to be an error on their website currently, the cache shows

Once your booking is confirmed, it cannot be cancelled and the payment you made is not refundable. However, you can get a refund on Passenger Service Charge (PSC). The Passenger Service Charge refund may only be made after the date of Departure.

Reply to: How do I cancel air asia tickets? Please help :)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted