We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does the Jet Airways flight have a real stop over at AMS?

Sainte-Anne-de-Belle...
Level Contributor
26 posts
35 reviews
Does the Jet Airways flight have a real stop over at AMS?

Hello, my parents are taking the flight from Delhi to Toronto, which presumably stops in Amsterdam for a short stop. My questions were:

1. When the flight does a stopover in Amsterdam, do the passengers get off the plane and re-board? (The break is 3 hours, and Amsterdam is not indicated on the itinerary).

2. Do they go through security again?

The flight is 9W 234. They depart Delhi on 20 Jul 2016 02:35 hrs and land in Toronto,ON at13:40 hrs. The ticket says they have one stop, but does not specify any more details about landing/ departing from AMS. The e-ticket only says "flight duration: 20h 35m/ 1 stops".

The travelers y are my parents who are both about 60 years and traveling abroad for the first time. So I want to give them as much clarity as possible. I have googled for trip reports, but the new schedule only started in March, so there is very little online by way of passenger experience.

28 replies to this topic
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
550 posts
1. Re: Does the Jet Airways flight have a real stop over at AMS?

Hi

Your parents will have to change planes at Amsterdam. That means having to go through security twice, when you get off and get on the planes. I had a quick look at the flights on skyscanner and it looks like the first flight will be on Jet Airways and the second on KLM

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
58,695 posts
149 reviews
2. Re: Does the Jet Airways flight have a real stop over at AMS?

Err Google says there is a 9w flight from AMS to YYZ not a code share so don't know what the PP is talking about

Skyscanner will give multiple options but that does not mean it is a KLM flight unless they booked that specific one.

So with direct flights at the layover point all passengers will get off go through security and then board their next leg.

Check with jet and the Schipol site for details

Edited: 06 June 2016, 23:31
Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
22,888 posts
36 reviews
3. Re: Does the Jet Airways flight have a real stop over at AMS?

I had a quick look at the flights on skyscanner and it looks like the first flight will be on Jet Airways and the second on KLM - I'm not sure that's correct, trawling through the Jet Airways Flight Schedule shows both flights Delhi to Amsterdam and Amsterdam to Delhi being operated by Jet Airways with the same flight number of 9W234.

The stopover is just over 3 hours which is possibly a refueling stop as well as picking up more passengers - I not sure about deplaning but expecting passengers to sit on the plane for 3 hours would be unusual.

The only way to find out for certain is to call the airline.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
550 posts
4. Re: Does the Jet Airways flight have a real stop over at AMS?

Sorry my mistake. I didn't see the two Jet Airlines flight

Sainte-Anne-de-Belle...
Level Contributor
26 posts
35 reviews
5. Re: Does the Jet Airways flight have a real stop over at AMS?

Muchhas gracias guys! :-)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
696 posts
6. Re: Does the Jet Airways flight have a real stop over at AMS?

Hi

It's recommended to contact Jet Airways regarding 9W234 at Amsterdam Airport.

Dennis

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
34,892 posts
7. Re: Does the Jet Airways flight have a real stop over at AMS?

Why?

1 post
1 review
8. Re: Does the Jet Airways flight have a real stop over at AMS?

Hi ,

My parents are travelling too on the same flight this month. So was there any change of planes in Amsterdam ? Or was it the same plane that came to Toronto? Itineary for them just says Flight 9W234. Any information will be helpful.

Thanks,

Isha

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
8,473 posts
90 reviews
9. Re: Does the Jet Airways flight have a real stop over at AMS?

Expect to get off plane in Amsterdam ,go through security and then later board the same plane . In the mean time it will be cleaned and refueled. You will have to take hand luggage with you

1 post
1 review
10. Re: Does the Jet Airways flight have a real stop over at AMS?

You just have to go out of plane in Amsterdam with your hand luggage, re-board the same plane after same gap (scheduled boarding time). There is no security check as you are actually in the same terminal. Only while boarding they will just recheck you boarding pass and other boarding formalities.

Reply to: Does the Jet Airways flight have a real stop over at AMS?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted