We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Asia Cabin Luggage

Bristol
Level Contributor
174 posts
65 reviews
Air Asia Cabin Luggage

I am travelling round Thailand using Air Asia - Bangkok (both airports) Chiang Mai and Krabi.

The website stipulates that the total dimensions of the cabin bag must not exceed 44 inches. Mine is 45. Can anybody tell me if Air Asia are strict about this, and will they measure/weigh the bag?

I did post this before but it got muddled up with some thread about matching cases - but thanks to Rob for his reply. I was hoping however that somebody would answer, who frequently uses Air Asia around Thailand, as I use Ryanair and Easyjet around Europe.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
22,888 posts
36 reviews
1. Re: Air Asia Cabin Luggage

"Can anybody tell me if Air Asia are strict about this, and will they measure/weigh the bag?"

You should assume they are strict and your bag will be checked - comply with the published limits to avoid any nasty surprises.

Whether somebody got away with it previously is irrelevant - if you get caught with an oversize bag saying that somebody on TA got away with it previously wont get you far.

Unfortunately enforcement of baggage limits is inconsistent and largely down to staff on duty on the day.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,628 posts
291 reviews
2. Re: Air Asia Cabin Luggage

Just stick to the rules and you will never be disappointed .Good luck

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
8,468 posts
90 reviews
3. Re: Air Asia Cabin Luggage

You would be better to ask on the Thailand forum. If you carry extra though do be prepared to deal with it if the check happens

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
13,230 posts
170 reviews
4. Re: Air Asia Cabin Luggage

Why do so many people think the airlines luggage weights/measurements are simply to be ignored as if they are a joke ?

It doesn't matter if they're strict or not, take a bag that is within the stipulated measurements

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
5. Re: Air Asia Cabin Luggage

"I am travelling round Thailand using Air Asia - Bangkok (both airports) ......"

Just for clarification, AirAsia only uses one airport, Don Muang (Code DMK) the Low Cost Carrier airlines base, which is about 45 minutes from Suvarnabhumi (Code BKK) the main Full Service airlines airport.

I agree with the others though, having travelled a number of times with AirAsia hand luggage dimensions and weight has been checked at some airports but not at others so there is always the risk that it will and will cost you plenty in excess baggage fees.

6. Re: Air Asia Cabin Luggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2016, 10:47