We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Legit or scam - ieagle.com for airline tickets

Portland, Oregon...
1 post
Save Topic
Legit or scam - ieagle.com for airline tickets

They had the best price for my itinerary by far but when I tried to book it online it said it was no longer available. On the phone their rep said their computers were down and they had to do the tickets manually. He asked me to send a photo of my credit card and ID, and said I could block off all but the last four numbers of the card. I did that, and then a couple of hours later I got a call from someone else saying they couldn't read the credit card number and I should give it to them over the phone. It was getting more and more strange so I stopped there but I'm wondering if anyone else has had any experience with using them. Thanks!

64 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
2,602 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Legit or scam - ieagle.com for airline tickets

Scam - browse the forum to see many other examples of a cheap price hooking in people - just book direct with the airlines, and hope that you've not already entered into a contract in any way.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
21,518 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Legit or scam - ieagle.com for airline tickets

sounds highly dodgy! i wouldnt go near anyone who asks for cc number over the phone. any reputable agency will have a secure payment site such as paypal. you would be far better off booking direct with the airline.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
17,218 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Legit or scam - ieagle.com for airline tickets

Where are you going?

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Legit or scam - ieagle.com for airline tickets

They had the best price for my itinerary by far but when I tried to book it online it said it was no longer available. ------

So actually they didn't have the best price, did they ? 😄

If you bottom fish for airline prices, you'll probably end up being bait fish yourself and end up like one of the Bravofly or eDreams sucker fish that post here every day,, or possibly fall victim to one of the Great White scammers, of which this sounds like one, which would at least keep the transaction clean by stealing your money straight away rather than dragging it out.

Buy direct from the airline, by all accounts you just missed getting hooked this time don't waste your luck.

Edited: 13 August 2015, 23:53
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
61,214 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Legit or scam - ieagle.com for airline tickets

It sounds like you've had a very narrow escape. Please stop looking for special deals, they don't exist and will cost you more in the long term. Stick to booking with the airlines, where the price you see is the price you'll almost always pay.

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
153 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Legit or scam - ieagle.com for airline tickets

@joeintheUK - very well said!

Book directly with the airlines - best advice anyone can give, or receive.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
31,629 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Legit or scam - ieagle.com for airline tickets

They're either a scam on a shonky. Which means either way you shouldn't touch them with a bargepole.

I just tried a dummy booking. I specified an outbound and a return date and they return (supposedly) cheap fares but if you looked carefully the outbound date was two days later than I requested and the return was one day later. That's a classic shonky practice (and there's no "flexible date" button anywhere) as many won't realize the wrong dates until they've completed the booking and then they have to pay big change fees (including to the third party) plus difference in fare to change the flights.

And, for the dates they returned for me, the *live* fare offered directly from the airline was cheaper.

Edited: 14 August 2015, 10:15
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Legit or scam - ieagle.com for airline tickets

basicly the same happened to us, I would advise avoiding them

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
46,004 posts
1,459 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Legit or scam - ieagle.com for airline tickets

<<I specified an outbound and a return date and they return (supposedly) cheap fares but if you looked carefully the outbound date was two days later than I requested and the return was one day later. That's a classic shonky practice (and there's no "flexible date" button anywhere) as many won't realize the wrong dates until they've completed the booking and then they have to pay big change fees (including to the third party) plus difference in fare to change the flights.>>

That probably explains why/how so many folk end up with incorrect dates of travel from so many 3rd party agencies. Here I thought that all those folk just got the dates wrong, but they probably did not see that they had changed from their input.

Interesting,

Hunt

10. Re: Legit or scam - ieagle.com for airline tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 24 November 2015, 06:35

Reply to: Legit or scam - ieagle.com for airline tickets
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted