We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelgenio

Hamilton
9 posts
travelgenio

My partner and I booked return tickets through TRAVELGENIO to Auckland from Paris flying China Southern which leaves tomorrow morning. We had no problems paying by credit card, the correct amount was taken, two confirmation emails sent almost immediately - one reciept and one travel itinerary BUT... when I have tried to check in via web check-in just now it will not allow me to do so. Upon further research I have seen so many bad reveiws about this company but none of the reveiws relate to my problem - they are all about overcharged credit cards or no tickets sent by email after the purchase. Has anyone had any experience with TRAVELGENIO where they have turned up at the airport and not been booked on the flight at all? I am very worried that this will happen to us.

349 replies to this topic
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
77,886 posts
477 reviews
375 helpful votes
71. Re: travelgenio

ashish, if only I had a pound for every time I;ve rad that or something very similar, then I;d be a multi millionaire easily!

Now make sure you don't fall into making the same mistake again. Check things out in future, every time :-)

Otavalo, Ecuador
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
7 helpful votes
72. Re: travelgenio

You should be worried I had the same problem, they took the money, sent a booking confirmation, once at the airport the booked flight did not even exist !

Arriving at an airport on your last visa day and finding out you have no flight to go out is a very stressfull experience i wish to nobody.

Dont expect something from their expensive hotline they are helpless, they will keep telling you to check with the airline and that its not their fault.

And at the end do not expect your money back, its 12 month now, a lot of emails and they still owe me the 700€ of the non existant flight. Providing a certificate from the airline that this flight never existed didn't help.

Utah
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
5 helpful votes
73. Re: travelgenio

Please save yourself a lot of time and pain for your family/business. BOOK THROUGH ANOTHER SERVICE!!!!!!

I booked for 7 tickets from the states to the Yucatan, MEX. Everything looked fine when reviewing before the trip. (Their email confirmation only shows the first passenger listed in the party, but shows amounts.)

When we checked in at the airport, two hours prior to flight, we were informed that only four of us had tickets purchased. Three were in "reserved" status. Travelgenio let us know that they were working on fixing it, but didn't relay the time frame, or possibility of actually being able to travel. I was HUNG UP ON AT LEAST 5 TIMES by different people at their call center. They don't say their names, you will need to ask. They put us on hold and then disconnected. We waited at the airport for 4.5 hours, with 5 children, before knowing that they couldn't help us. NO COMPENSATION FOR THEIR ERROR. DIFFICULT TO OBTAIN FULL REFUND. (They tried to only refund us for the three tickets they didn't purchase, not the full seven.) I got the ball rolling on the refund by filing a case of fraud with my bank.

Also- It is not possible to change names on tickets through Travelgenio. You would need to cancel ticket and repurchase. (NEW PRICE)

Lots of sad children not going on their international adventure that we've planned for over a year. WORSE TRAVEL EXPERIENCE WE HAVE EVER HAD.

(Look at how many one star rating they have had this month.-horrible!)

The Frederick family.

3tksfv

74. Re: travelgenio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 October 2016, 22:05

Pimpama, Australia
1 post
1 review
75. Re: travelgenio

I searched Windsor (Canada) to Sydney (Australia one way on December 11th. Its giving me a price of $330 on the TRAVELGINO website flying with Canada airways. When I checked on Canada' airways website, the price is $1,300 which is A BIG difference!! Can I trust the TRAVELGINO website?

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
21,884 posts
112 reviews
102 helpful votes
76. Re: travelgenio

Read the 74 posts before your post and that will give you clues.

77. Re: travelgenio

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 November 2016, 16:05

78. Re: travelgenio

Removed on: 12 January 2017, 22:05

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
77,886 posts
477 reviews
375 helpful votes
79. Re: travelgenio

Speak to your card provider, and please take your post down. It's not a good idea to put an email address on to an open, global, forum.

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
2,812 posts
80. Re: travelgenio

Hi Jay Jay, please send us all your booking details to customer.service@travelgenio.com and our agents will contact you to know what happened. Regards

Reply to: travelgenio
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted