We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelgenio

Hamilton
9 posts
travelgenio

My partner and I booked return tickets through TRAVELGENIO to Auckland from Paris flying China Southern which leaves tomorrow morning. We had no problems paying by credit card, the correct amount was taken, two confirmation emails sent almost immediately - one reciept and one travel itinerary BUT... when I have tried to check in via web check-in just now it will not allow me to do so. Upon further research I have seen so many bad reveiws about this company but none of the reveiws relate to my problem - they are all about overcharged credit cards or no tickets sent by email after the purchase. Has anyone had any experience with TRAVELGENIO where they have turned up at the airport and not been booked on the flight at all? I am very worried that this will happen to us.

313 replies to this topic
3 posts
41. Re: travelgenio

I cant fill in all my first names (only two of them) the question is if I can book and fly with them if I cant fill in all my names..

Chattanooga...
1 post
42. Re: travelgenio

I just returned from a trip I booked thru Travelgenio and what a mistake that was. You will have tickets but forget about seats close together. I paid an extra $19 to have seating preference and baggage handling (since we were traveling with skis) and neither Travelgenio or the airlines came thru. I paid extra for seating and extra for baggage. When I called to ask about it they just told me that I'd have to pay more......better off using the airlines direct.

Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
2 posts
78 reviews
43. Re: travelgenio

> We had such a bad experience with this company that we thought it might be an idea to reactivate this thread. Without going into great detail, their web system failed to operate for verification of our credit card details and, as others have pointed out, their help line – when you get through the complicated system of reaching them, also failed to operate. Numerous emails were exchanged none of which addressed the issues at hand and all of which were in very poor English (which I only expect if a company says it is ‘international’). They claimed that they tried to phone us and couldn’t reach us – this was difficult to challenge until one of the phone numbers we gave them was a very large hotel we were staying in – they could prove that there was no record of the call! But, try telling them that. It is annoying that these companies are so inaccessible and seem to work by firing back a series of useless emails until there is no point continuing. Is there any way to make them accountable?

44. Re: travelgenio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 January 2016, 18:35

Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
45. Re: travelgenio

thanks.

good luck with your necessary work!

Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
46. Re: travelgenio

just inform the rest of us as uyou have done

thanks

Argegno, Italy
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
47. Re: travelgenio

Dear Tom,

I found that TravelGenio's customer service is not responsive. However I used them on the basis of a SkyScanner link so I contacted SkyScanner who have been following through consistently on may behalf. I hope that their importance in the travel market will get them more success than me, although they haven't had much success either.

7 posts
48. Re: travelgenio

I think I should looked the review before booking the flight through travelgenio. Since my flight has one stop in UK, I only got one booking code in my email. I called airline Lufthansa, the lady told me the code is their company's not Thomas cook airline's. I need to call Thomas cook airline next Monday to find out if the Etickets are valid. I booked two tickets for me and my husband. Last time I used Orbitz or Expedia, never got any problem. I have enough time to deal with this because my flight is in June. The worst case is I have to buy them through Thomas cook from Boston to Manchester for my missing part(spam).

Shanghai, China
1 post
49. Re: travelgenio

Hi,

I recently had this issue too but it only took my first name the first 5 characters of my middle name, plus my last name. I've tried to contact them, but you've had no problems going through putting down only what you did? thanks

Paris, France
1 post
2 reviews
50. Re: travelgenio

This travel agent is pure rubbish

I prebooked extrq lugage but to my surprise the airline did not have the info

I was charged again at the airport

When I called Travelgenio they said that the amount charged corresponds to management fees. WTF

Reply to: travelgenio
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted