We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelgenio

Hamilton
9 posts
travelgenio

My partner and I booked return tickets through TRAVELGENIO to Auckland from Paris flying China Southern which leaves tomorrow morning. We had no problems paying by credit card, the correct amount was taken, two confirmation emails sent almost immediately - one reciept and one travel itinerary BUT... when I have tried to check in via web check-in just now it will not allow me to do so. Upon further research I have seen so many bad reveiws about this company but none of the reveiws relate to my problem - they are all about overcharged credit cards or no tickets sent by email after the purchase. Has anyone had any experience with TRAVELGENIO where they have turned up at the airport and not been booked on the flight at all? I am very worried that this will happen to us.

313 replies to this topic
UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
11. Re: travelgenio

I have recieved all correct confirmation documents but I can´t check in or manage my booking on the actual airlines website?

=====

How do you know they are the correct confirmation documents if you can´t access your booking?

Is there a 6 digit (don't post it here) reference you have you are using to login? A mixture of letters and numbers?

(by check in, I take it you mean login? Because you won't be abel to check in for a flight in August)

Dublin, Ireland
8 posts
12. Re: travelgenio

Yes I recieved a 6 digit reference and flight number, and when I access "Check My Trip" the online travel forum my flight appears with all correct details. I have just been trying to enter the section of "add advance passenger information or select seats" just to be able to see its confirmed on the airlines webiste. No luck. Maybe its too early to be able to check it online

Dublin, Ireland
8 posts
13. Re: travelgenio

I think I may be just over anxious having read all the bad reviews about Travelgenio. I haven´t had any issues yet, and recieved my e-tickets im just nervous as i dont travel outside of europe often and want to make sure the flight is actually booked for me so I dont end up in a terrible situation in august.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,038 posts
13 reviews
14. Re: travelgenio

I think I may be just over anxious having read all the bad reviews about Travelgenio

----------------------------------

This. They may be a dodgy provider but lots of people fly successfully by booking with them. If your trip is so important to you book directly with the airline next time.

Do keep checking your booking though...

Edited: 01 June 2015, 21:43
UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
15. Re: travelgenio

I have just been trying to enter the section of "add advance passenger information or select seats" just to be able to see its confirmed on the airlines website

========

Have you gone direct to the airlines website?

Dublin, Ireland
8 posts
16. Re: travelgenio

Yes you are right, I am forgetting that part too. I will ring the airline directly tomorrow. Hopefully it is all ok, thanks for your assurance

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
17. Re: travelgenio

I will ring the airline directly tomorrow.

=====

Why not go on their website? Or did you do that?

Dublin, Ireland
8 posts
18. Re: travelgenio

Just rang the airline. The flight is booked, they just needed my e ticket number to confirm it. Sometimes direct airline websites dont accept travel agent reference codes so thats why mine wouldn´t work. So relieved. Thanks for everyones help and advice. So far no compliants about Travelgenio just that it made my blood pressure sky rocket !!

Palmerston North...
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
19. Re: travelgenio

Hi there, not sure really. I was able to access my flight details on the airline website but when I wanted to change the travel dates and couldn't get a response from the agent, the airline just referred me back to them. However, that being said since thenI have been advised by another (more reputable) travel agent that you can go directly to the airline and emphasis that you have had difficulty contacting the company directly and they should be able to confirm the booking at least.

Hope that works.

L

Edited: 02 June 2015, 14:17
Palmerston North...
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
20. Re: travelgenio

Hi ClairD93

I have kind of got it sorted but I eventually received a response from the company in English after I had sent them a rude email saying how rubbish I thought they were and after I had posted on this forum. I have now cancelled the flight and have been told that my money will be refunded less a $400 fee (expected) but it will take 45 to 60 days for ithe money to be credited back to my card. I find it astonishing that it takes them so long given that when I made the payment the money left my account the same day! I await with interest to see if the money actually does turn up.

Reply to: travelgenio
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted