We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelgenio

Hamilton
9 posts
travelgenio

My partner and I booked return tickets through TRAVELGENIO to Auckland from Paris flying China Southern which leaves tomorrow morning. We had no problems paying by credit card, the correct amount was taken, two confirmation emails sent almost immediately - one reciept and one travel itinerary BUT... when I have tried to check in via web check-in just now it will not allow me to do so. Upon further research I have seen so many bad reveiws about this company but none of the reveiws relate to my problem - they are all about overcharged credit cards or no tickets sent by email after the purchase. Has anyone had any experience with TRAVELGENIO where they have turned up at the airport and not been booked on the flight at all? I am very worried that this will happen to us.

306 replies to this topic
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
1. Re: travelgenio

Instead of wasting time posting to a chat board, suggest you call the airline directly and see if you actually have a ticket.

There could be many other reasons you can't check in online besides not having a ticket.

Edited: 18 January 2015, 00:02
Hamilton
9 posts
2. Re: travelgenio

I do not have a phone here to use and I am "wasting time" waiting for my family to wake up on the other side of the world so that they can call on my behalf. Instead of sitting twiddling my thumbs, I am doing reserch and asking questions on this forum to gain more insite into the company.

If you cant post a helpful answer dont "waste your time" posting at all.

Thanks

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
3. Re: travelgenio

I do have another suggestion for you that involves your computer. Since you don't want my help though, I won't waste my time posting it.

Hamilton
9 posts
4. Re: travelgenio

Excellent, thanks very much for your help.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
53,329 posts
1,800 reviews
5. Re: travelgenio

If the airline's Web site is not showing your ticket(s), I would be very concerned too. Are you certain that you used the correct locator number for the flights from the e-mail? There could well be two numbers: one for the agency reservation/transaction, then a separate one for the airline.

With no telephone, not sure who you could contact via the Internet to verify, and you might just need to arrive, and see, X'ing your fingers the whole way.

Good luck,

Hunt

Antwerp, Belgium
1 post
1 review
6. Re: travelgenio

dear nzvicen,

i had the same problem as you. I called directly the flight company. They searched my booking with me e-ticket number.

U can only check-in 24h before your flight.

I also sent en e)mail to travelgenio and the responded me within the hour. Contact them at urgent@travelgenio.com.

good luck!

Mejdoulin

Palmerston North...
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
7. Re: travelgenio

I have been travelling for years and using all sorts of booking options,including those advertising as 'cheap', even the using the more 'infamous' and well known for their poor customer service and organisation, without ever encountering any problems other than the odd flight delay.

However, I have never ever come across company's that are so blatantly RUBBISH as Travelgenio and its sister company Travel2be.

I am intending to make it my life's mission to ensure that I post as many negative comments about these companies on as many websites as my trusty computer can access. It's interesting to note that not even their Facebook page allows none to make comment.........I can only question why this might be? Watch their space!

Dublin, Ireland
8 posts
8. Re: travelgenio

Did you get it sorted? I have just booked a flight to Chicago in August and the flight confirmation isn´t showing up on the airlines website! I have tried ringing the hotline but no one is answering.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
73,937 posts
478 reviews
9. Re: travelgenio

Lesley O, you've been very lucky until now, and your luck was bound to run out at some time, it just happened to be with this firm!

Dublin, Ireland
8 posts
10. Re: travelgenio

Should I be worried, I have my booking made with this company. I have recieved all correct confirmation documents but I can´t check in or manage my booking on the actual airlines website?

Reply to: travelgenio
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted