We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about Emirates chauffeur service

Tromso, Norway
Level Contributor
134 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Questions about Emirates chauffeur service

Hi Tripadvisor members. I need advice :)

My Emirates flight, in business class, will arrive in Kuala Lumpur around 8.50 AM.

A friend of mine will arrive in same airport around 11.00 AM, different airline.

I know that I can book chauffeur service in advance.

Is it possible to ask Emirates so that the driver can come to airport few hours after my arrival, for example 12.30 PM?

Can I bring my friend on car with me?

Thank you.

56 replies to this topic
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
10,012 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions about Emirates chauffeur service

NO, I am afraid. Emirates only accepts the booked passenger(s). The driver will be waiting for you based on the arrival time of your flight. The chauffeur drive is not done by Emirates but by a service provider.

What you can try to do: If you can find out the service provider for Emirates in KL, you can contact this company and look if they will a) accept another passenger and b) change the time and at what cost.

India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,421 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions about Emirates chauffeur service

Emirates do not offer a chauffeur service out of KL. See details below

And even if that was the case no, you would not be able to have another passenger, the driver is waiting at the airport when you land and then take you onto your destination. They are not like a taxi service that will pick you up from the airport when you request.

emirates.com/english/…chauffeur-drive.aspx

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
10,012 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions about Emirates chauffeur service

Thanks Scotlandscout. So it is a No / No.

India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,421 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions about Emirates chauffeur service

Yes Dubai_Phil, there are a few airport that they dont surprisingly have pick up from, bit annoying for me at KL as I lived in Malaysia!

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
10,012 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Questions about Emirates chauffeur service

Was not aware of that at all. Last time in KL I was picked up by the company.

Still amazing, after investing more than USD 60m in updating the lounges (also in KL) that there is no CD in KL.

Interesting is the 48 hours comment. In manage a booking it is 24 hours. When you call them they can make it in even less time (if you kindly ask them). The shortest I ever had was around 12 hours, but that was an exception, was booked in F class (plus lots of tier miles) and expected actually a flat sorry, not possible sir.

Tromso, Norway
Level Contributor
134 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Questions about Emirates chauffeur service

Thank you so much for you guys response, DubaiPhil ans ScotlandScout :)

cumbria
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Questions about Emirates chauffeur service

I have booked Business class Manchester to Tokyo via Dubai and return Hong King to Manchester again via Dubai. On checking my booking, I am only able to access a chauffeur car to take me to Manchester Airport and to bring me back on arrival back to Manchester. I live 100 miles from the airport and prefer to use and leave my car at the airport so won't really use this service, but I was hoping for a chauffeur car on arrival at Tokyo to take me to my hotel and also to pick me up from the hotel in Hong Kong to take me to HK airport.. Anyone know why this seems to be missing from my booking? Don't they include transfers at overseas destinations?

Leeds, England
Level Contributor
218 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Questions about Emirates chauffeur service

If you look at the website there is a page showing where cars are available it is not every destination, I believe in Hong Kong it is for First Class only. Using the service myself in 2 weeks from Manchester

Edited: 17 January 2015, 23:45
India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,421 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Questions about Emirates chauffeur service

Are you arriving into Haneda ot Narita. Only the chauffeur service is available in Haneda.

Not all destinations are covered with the service and unless in 1st no car in Hong Kong either.

As your 100 miles from Manchester excess cost would of been incurred with the chauffeur service after 70 miles. I usually pay the excess but its worth it. If you ring EK up they will tell you how much it is and you pay the driver direct. Maybe a thought after coming back after a long flight and having to drive 100 home.

emirates.com/uk/…chauffeur-drive.aspx

England
Level Contributor
522 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Questions about Emirates chauffeur service

Do Emirates run this service 24 hours/7 days?

We require New Years Eve 11pm pick up to Brisbane and 7pm collection from Manchester.

Reply to: Questions about Emirates chauffeur service
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted