We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

baby milk

Essex
Level Contributor
99 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
baby milk

i was wondering if any one can help me i am traveling to Cuba and have a 14 week old baby with us we have bought ready made bottles to take with us they are sealed and have 250ml in them i have been told by some one that the airport staff made them undo 8 bottles and drink a bit which i have no problem with one being open but 8..... hope some one can put me in the right direction Anita

UK
Level Contributor
368 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: baby milk

I've just been having a look on East Midlands website for an upcoming trip, and noticed on the Boots part of the site you can telephone them to pre-order baby milk to pick up there once through security. Maybe thats an option at the airport you're travelling from?

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
32,371 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: baby milk

There is a liquids rule for security reasons, so it is only right if you are asked to taste each one.

There is information on Thomas Cook website

thomascookairlines.co.uk/entries/20811818-ca…

Essex
Level Contributor
99 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: baby milk

sorry but dont agree as once baby milk open only have 2 hours to use there is no need to open 8 yeah one maybe thanks anyway anita

Essex
Level Contributor
99 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: baby milk

thanks will check that very helpful anita

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,007 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: baby milk

Well I can see the point of making someone open all 8, anita- if you only opened one, how would they know it wasn't the only OK one, with the other 7 something else? Or even 7 OK ones and one dodgy one?

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,609 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: baby milk

one baby with milk past its use by against 350 passengers' lives put at risk? no contest. either don't take them or buy them after security like others said.

pam

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
32,371 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: baby milk

Sorry you don't agree with me Anita, but safety has to take priority in my book. Baby milk should not be exempt from security procedures.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,076 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: baby milk

At least in the US, they've figured out that baby milk is not dangerous, and this is no longer part of the security procedures.

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: baby milk

Of course everyone knows that baby milk is safe - but the issue is proving that the liquid is actually baby milk!

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,076 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: baby milk

Yes, and we've figured out how to do that without contaminating all of it.

tsa.gov/travelers/…formula.shtm