We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast - Manchester Airport T2

London, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast - Manchester Airport T2

Where's the best place for a hot breakfast in T2 departures? We usually opt for Weatherspoons as it caters for all our party, but notice there isn't one available on this terminal.

Any recommendations appreciated.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast - Manchester Airport T2

I was pondering this myself for my flight in September, but having viewed the T2 facilities on the official Manchester airport site, I don't think I'll bother. The site itself is good, because you can actually view the menu's of each venue and see what a typical cost would be. I think I am going to opt for the lounge, I can have a read of a paper, some toast, pastries, muffins, free bar and peace and quiet. Sounds like a better deal than a bog standard overpriced breakfast and then extra to have a pre-flight drink in one of the bars.

http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/manweb.nsf/Content/RetailSearchResults?OpenDocument&RETAILDOCTYPE=Food&QUERY=(FIELD Webpagedoctype CONTAINS Food) AND (FIELD Shop_Locations CONTAINS T2)

manchesterairport.co.uk/manweb.nsf/Content/e…

Chipping Norton...
Level Contributor
521 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast - Manchester Airport T2

You can often get discounts for food outlets in UK airports by registering with www.eatdrinkandfly.com.

We've used vouchers several times.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast - Manchester Airport T2

Pay a bit extra for Escape Lounge (discounted if you are using airport parking) and you can get included hot breakfasts in there eg bacon sanis.Supplement payable for full spread.Relaxing place while you wait for your flights to be called. Escape Lounge T2 is airside after you have been through Security.

For locals, paying extra for Escape Lounge might seem an extravagance but if you have travelled a long way to the airport (maybe arrived with time to kill) then it comes into its own.The Escape Lounge in T2 is much nicer than Escape Lounge in T1 imo.

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
18,263 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast - Manchester Airport T2

Agree with WirralScouse, go for the Escape Lounge. We use it when flying from T2 and it's worth every penny. Yes maybe an extravagance as we're only half to three quarters of an hour or so away from the airport on a problem-free motorway journey, but who can rely on that?

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,534 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast - Manchester Airport T2

I know they do some complimentary bacon butties etc in the Escape in T1 but didn't think they did in T2?

6. Re: Breakfast - Manchester Airport T2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 12:47