We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair Online check in

Ripon
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Ryanair Online check in

Hi, can anyone help. I have never travelled with ryanair before, or checked in online. If you don't have your boarding pass its £60 for a re-issue at the airport so don't want that to happen. I have checked in and printed my boarding pass but its only for the outward journey to Malta. Should I have one to come back or is the pass issued at Valletta. Tried customer services but can never get through. Thanks

179 replies to this topic
Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Ryanair Online check in

Hi

The thing with Ryanair is you have not bought a return ticket, you have bought 2 singles. That is why you have a 15 day window for checking in from the date of flight, in either direction.

Clive

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Ryanair Online check in

Hi

I have used Ryanair a few times. I book to go away for 17 days. If I wait and print off my boarding passes late the night before it DOES print the return as well. But do not worry, just take the ref number with you and print it off whilst there ( a word of warnig if you don't they WILL charge you ) We have never had a problem with Ryanair so just ignore all the negative comments and make up you own mind.

Ally

Bridgend, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Ryanair Online check in

Hi and thanks for your response.

I have never flown with Ryanair before and I am now aware of their procedure-it just seems confusing to me that although i have already paid for my out and back flights the boarding passes were not available at the same time. i think that to say I have bought 2 single tickets is a play on words as my flight details for my return flight are available already.

Anyway I am now fully aware and will print off my return boarding pass nearer my departure date

Thanks for your response

Peter

Bridgend, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Ryanair Online check in

Hi Ally

Thanks for your response ---I have got the procedure now--I will now print off the pass nearer the departure date

Peter

Spain
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, New Brunswick, Almeria
Level Contributor
6,853 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Ryanair Online check in

Peter - As far as I know no airline allows you to print boarding passes for your return flight before you leave, even on a return booking. Ryanair is fine as long as you follow their rules. Enjoy Malta it is a great place.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
20,248 posts
326 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Ryanair Online check in

You can print off your return boarding pass with Ryanair, as long as your return flight is less than 15 days. Although post #12 suggests you can print it off even if your return flight is more than 15 days away.

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
4 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Ryanair Online check in

I have flown with Ryanair for many years without issue. Now I find the same problem as you.I cant checkin for my return flights because it is more than 15 days away. I have to go to an internet cafe and go through the whole checkin process again for the entire family for the return leg. I just dont see the point in this new requirement?

Madrid
Level Contributor
3,243 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Ryanair Online check in

It saves Michael O'Leary paper and ink cartridges and buying expensive printers and other equipment.

He is very adept at getting money out of your wallet and into his.

It is also a serious offence if staff are caught charging their mobile phones on company property.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,883 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Ryanair Online check in

"I just dont see the point in this new requirement?"

There is no new requirement, it's been 15 days before departure for a long time. As mentioned, however, check-in often opens earlier than that so do try to check in before you go.

Haarlem, The...
Level Contributor
1,668 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Ryanair Online check in

Ryan Air allows you to check in online a lot earlier than other airlines. KLM check in for flights is only 30hours before your flight and you can't check in for both flights at the same time either. This is not a Ryan Air thing, it's just more annoying with them because with other airlines they can print it for you if you can't find anywhere to do it during your trip.

Reply to: Ryanair Online check in
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted