We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sofitel Heathrow

North Carolina
Level Contributor
202 posts
1 review
Save Topic
sofitel Heathrow

The Sofitel at Heathrow is "adjacent" to Term 5 I am told. Just through a covered walkway to the terminal.

Can someone tell me - if you have stayed there - how long is this walkway? My only reason for asking is my spouse- altho not disabled - walks with a cane and I just want to determine if this walk is a reasonable distance.

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,569 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sofitel Heathrow

Not very good with distance -but I walk slowly (getting on a bit ) takes about 5mins- it really should not be a problem -there are luggage carts at the hotel if thats anyhelp so no need to carry suitcases

uk
Level Contributor
3,624 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sofitel Heathrow

It really is at the terminal!

Walk is about 2-300m.

Take a look on Google Earth and you will see just how close it is.

uk
Level Contributor
3,624 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sofitel Heathrow

The walk to the terminal from the Sofitel is however nothing compared to some of the distances you may need to walk inside the terminal so if walking is an issue you may be best to book airport assistance.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sofitel Heathrow

I would say that if a long walk is a problem, then you may as well stay at any hotel in the region of the airport and take a taxi right to the departures area, because you will have a shorter overall distance to walk and the cost is likely to be similar as The Sofitel is not cheap. Very nice but not cheap. And it is a fair walk even though it's close there are some longish coridoors

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,618 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sofitel Heathrow

The Soiftel is, as has been said, very near the terminal building. Use the exit near the HEX / TfL ticket desk and follow the signs for the walk to the hotel.

Having said that, if walking more than 200 - 300m is difficult for your husband then you may wish to consider asking for ground transport help on arrival at T5.

Many long haul flights use the B or C satellite terminal buildings. There can be some long(ish) schleps from airbridge to the free transit train to the main terminal building and passport control; there are travelators (in some places), lifts and escalators to speed the process, but if you're unfamiliar with T5 your husband may find it more of a walk than he'd like to make.

On my last arrival at T5C it took about ten minutes to walk at speed (with a couple of sprints, I was on a short connection) to Arrivals, but I know a few shortcuts and was a bit ruthless with the lift door close buttons.

If Mr 019 doesn't fancy a hike after a long haul flight then please do ask BA to arrange assistance on arrival.

6. Re: sofitel Heathrow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2012, 15:48