We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changi Tranfert : SQ to Air Asia

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
6,988 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Changi Tranfert : SQ to Air Asia

Hi all,

I've booked a few flight for late april the main one being Dub / Sin on SQ via LHR. I've done this section quite a few times so no troubles here.

Arriving in Sin I will "connect" to Air Asia with a 4 hour window. I did this a few years back but just need a confirmation as my memory is not 100% on that.

So in Changi I'll go through immigration, collect my bags, head to the other terminal (1) and check in with Air Asia. Am I Correct ?

On the return from Penang, I'll use Sin as a connection to Bali, both flights with Air Asia and a 5h window in Sin. This time, same drill except terminal change I assume ?

5 hours sounds almost enough to attempt a trip downtown... any thoughts ? I assume that it will be more like 4 hours after check in, if it's possible to check in that early...

Thanks for all the help and advice you could give me.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,198 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Changi Tranfert : SQ to Air Asia

Yes thats how it works when connecting with Air Asia.

On your return, you can self check in early at the machines and you should be able to drop of your bag at Air Asia's 'Bag drop off' counter. Otherwise, left luggage is inexpensive.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Changi Tranfert : SQ to Air Asia

Not all flights are applicable for self-check in... though I found this out at KUL so perhaps all are OK at SIN.

If you can't do check-in with machine and bag drop, then you'd have to return about 2hrs before flight for regular check-in.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,988 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Changi Tranfert : SQ to Air Asia

Let's hope the Sin / DPS will let me check in on line and drop the bag.

I do love Changi but 5 hours there is a bit long, especially if not Airside...

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Changi Tranfert : SQ to Air Asia

<< On the return from Penang, I'll use Sin as a connection to Bali, both flights with Air Asia and a 5h window in Sin. >>

Just checked the AK website ... don't think you can fly PEN/SIN/DPS. So you'll have to go via KUL. Unless you buy 2 separate tickets: PEN/SIN; then SIN/DPS.

Edited: 21 March 2011, 18:35
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,988 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Changi Tranfert : SQ to Air Asia

All is on different tickets, Sin / Pen A/R and then Sin / DPS A/R.

It might be possible through KUL to avail the new routing but I discovered that afterward and I think it's for Air Asia X Flights with an Air Asia connection to Asia.

6. Re: Changi Tranfert : SQ to Air Asia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 10:47