We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heathrow T3

Leigh, Greater...
Level Contributor
36 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Heathrow T3

Could I ask all you lovely and experienced travellers a question?

I'll be landing at Heathrow T3 at 17.40 on a Monday and will then need to get a train home.

How long do you think I should leave for baggage reclaim, immigration etc? I'm a British citizen if that makes any difference.

Thanks for this

Andy

Lakenheath, United...
Level Contributor
164 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heathrow T3

Hi Andy,

there have been recent changes to T3 with the airlines that operate there. Prior to July 4th, a good majority of arrivals arrived prior to 2pm so it began to die down in the afternoon. Arriving at 4.25pm i could be on the road by 5.15 however i have not used T3 as the airlines i use have moved to T1. I would allow 90 minutes mate. The walk from say Gate 17 at T3 to immergration can be 15 mins by itself, Immergration can take 15 mins (Or 2 mins depending on how many counters are open) tend to find the biggest wait is baggage and again that can add anything up to 30 minutes. Customs are usually very quick. I think your very safe on 90 mins but may get through in 30-45 if your quick and no delays in baggage. it really is a case of how long is a piece of string ??? Have a good trip !!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,128 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heathrow T3

You could try signing up for IRIS, that'll speed your way through immigration. Though this isn't a peak time at T3 to arrive, that usually means you don't get peak time staffing either!

…homeoffice.gov.uk/managingborders/…

You could sign up and register in T3 before you go and you should be in the system on the way back, presuming you are gone overnight. IIRC the registration office is just past security before duty free. Much more sensible than the BFE location I did it at in T4!

Leigh, Greater...
Level Contributor
36 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heathrow T3

Thanks both for this.

4. Re: Heathrow T3

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 00:52