We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thai Airways food

Torquay
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Thai Airways food

Does anyone know what is the best food option to order on a Thai Airways flight to Australia (only economy class)?

I do not eat meat/poultry, but do eat fish/seafood. Should I go for ‘Seafood’ or one of the myriad of vegetarian choices? Other tips anyone can share would be greatly appreciated (never flown so far before).

8 replies to this topic
Garden Bay, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
10,517 posts
105 reviews
1. Re: Thai Airways food

Best is entirely up to you. Nobody else's taste buds will be the same. It is a meal... just a meal. pick something.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
5,207 posts
434 reviews
2. Re: Thai Airways food

You might want to pack some food from home. Nothing huge but some tasty items that you might enjoy.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
54,555 posts
1,819 reviews
3. Re: Thai Airways food

I say go for the “Seafood” option, but that is just me.

Now, I have had some mediocre fish/shrimp on inflight meals, but probably more good, than bad.

Of course, this is something to consider: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DkGR65CXaNA

Fly safely, and enjoy greatly,

Hunt

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
854 posts
269 reviews
4. Re: Thai Airways food

Did you look on Thai Airways review on Trip Advisor? There might be a picture of a menu. Generally on international flights they offer a three options for meals in economy (local meat dish, foreign meat dish, seafood/vegetarian option). Three options are then offered for breakfast. Generally when they offer a meal choice upon ticket purchase its for people that have strict dietary guidelines (kosher, vegan, no salt, etc.). Some religions require seafood to be eaten during all meals on certain days, thus is why the option is there.

When you board the plane you can chat with the flight attendant and tell them you must have a fish or vegetarian option. I would also sit close the front of the economy section so you have a better selection of meals. Also the standard meal has multiple items (main dish, salad, roll, dessert, etc.). If they run out of the main dish you want you could always ask them to give you a few salad cups, bread, etc.

As others have mentioned, if your very worried, buy a $10 sandwich and stick it in your carry on just in case. I'd rather throw away $10 in food that I couldn't eat, than go hungry.

Torquay
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Thai Airways food

Thanks to all those people who replied with some helpful info (especially Alan in San Francisco for such good advice) - much appreciated!

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
4,192 posts
119 reviews
6. Re: Thai Airways food

This is an image of "Thai Airways Seafood" dish from google search https:/…

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,267 posts
49 reviews
7. Re: Thai Airways food

>>> Some religions require seafood to be eaten during all meals on certain days <<<

Out of curiosity, what religions have this requirement, Alan?

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1,355 posts
43 reviews
8. Re: Thai Airways food

"Some religions require seafood to be eaten during all meals on certain days."

I realize that some religions prohibit certain foods but I'm not familiar with any religion that "requires" seafood to be eaten at certain times.

What if someone of that "religion" is allergic to or does not care for seafood, then what?

Edited: 16 November 2018, 01:20
Reply to: Thai Airways food
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted