We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Seats for British Air Flight Booked Thru Aer Lingus

2 posts
Booking Seats for British Air Flight Booked Thru Aer Lingus

Hope someone can help!

In July I booked a flight from Seattle -> Heathrow stopover and then Heathrow -> Dublin on the Aer Lingus website. I noted that as I was booking, this flight is completely through British Airways and as a result Aer Lingus says that I can’t reserve seats for me and my partner who are under the same booking reference #. For this specific flight I am booked under “Economy Flex”

Has anyone been able to reserve their seats on a BA flight that was booked through the Aer Lingus website? If so, how did you go about it and who did you call? This is my first transcontinental flight, and I’m really nervous I’m going to be separated and have to fly alone despite both of us being under the same booking #.

6 replies to this topic
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,910 posts
1. Re: Booking Seats for British Air Flight Booked Thru Aer Lingus

does the reference work on the BA site? if not, you could ask EI for the BA reference

2 posts
2. Re: Booking Seats for British Air Flight Booked Thru Aer Lingus

I went to the BA site and punched in the booking reference number along with my last name and unfortunately it did not work.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
59,774 posts
149 reviews
3. Re: Booking Seats for British Air Flight Booked Thru Aer Lingus

Generally when you book a code share flight you need to get the record locator for the BA segment as you need that to log into manage my booking on BA.com. Please ask Aer Lingus or see if there is a second record locator on your Aer Lingus booking

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
18,038 posts
118 reviews
4. Re: Booking Seats for British Air Flight Booked Thru Aer Lingus

With partner flights I usually have to call the airline so try calling BA.

5. Re: Booking Seats for British Air Flight Booked Thru Aer Lingus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 November 2018, 19:43

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
11,129 posts
28 reviews
6. Re: Booking Seats for British Air Flight Booked Thru Aer Lingus

I recently booked with Iberia for a code share flight on BA.

I had problems checking in and rang Iberia, who were no help whatsoever. I then rang BA who wee fantastically helpful. Try calling BA customer service.

Reply to: Booking Seats for British Air Flight Booked Thru Aer Lingus
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted