We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Could really use some advice about Easy Jet

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Could really use some advice about Easy Jet

Hello travelers,

I have an upcoming flight with easy jet in a few weeks and could really use some advice on your experience from this airline. We dont have it in the states and after booking I saw so many atrociious reviews online I am now having some serious regret. I am considering just loosing my money and getting on a decent flight. Any info on your experience and what you recommend is greatly appreciated.

44 replies to this topic
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
33,666 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Could really use some advice about Easy Jet

I’ve never flown easyJet (as I’m based in the US too) however the general opinions I have heard and read is that they’re a very good low cost carrier. My nephew and his GF flew them from London to Amsterdam earlier this year (his first flights without his dad) and had no complaints at all.

I suspect you’ve been reading “rant” reviews from people who have decided they’re bad because they or their friends didn’t read the T+Cs of their ticket contract of carriage. You should read them and you’ll likeky be fine.

Btw they’re one of the very few airlines in the world to have had a woman as CEO. And under Carolyn McCall (2011-2018) they greatly improved their service and profitability. Dame Carolyn left in January to become CEO of the UKs Independent Television company ITV.

Have a great trip.

Edited: 15 August 2018, 08:19
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Could really use some advice about Easy Jet

Hi, my personal experience of 10+ trips is that Easyjet is fine. We we use them again with no issue. Staff were professional and friendly, planes clean and well maintained, online booking system clear and worked, we left on time and arrived on time each flight.

We do however comply with their rules and read T&Cs. You might find complaints are from people who did not understand the pricing system or fell foul of baggage rules etc....just guessing:))

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
6,888 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Could really use some advice about Easy Jet

it is a low cost airline; you get what you pay for.

a lot of people want to pay peanuts and eat caviar... and then they complain that they did not get caviar.

as mentioned in #1, read T+C to know exactly what is and is not included in your fare; like many low cost carriers, it tends to unbundle services and many items can be extra.... e.g. seat selection; baggage that is bigger than what is allowed...

flew EasyJet a few times; no complaints; they got us from point A to B for a good price...

most people will not come and rave about an airline when flights go without any problems; but they are far more likely to rant...

and some of the "traditional" carriers in Europe are becoming more and more like the low cost airlines in short haul flights; at times the diff is basically that they may still charge a lot more...

one thing to pay attention to is what airport it flies to.... some low cost airlines will sell you "Paris", when in fact flight is to out of way Beauvais airport.... similar to say "Miami" when flight is really to West Palm Beach,,,, and you actually want to go to Miami itself...

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
33,666 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Could really use some advice about Easy Jet

one thing to pay attention to is what airport it flies to.... some low cost airlines will sell you "Paris", when in fact flight is to out of way Beauvais airport.... similar to say "Miami" when flight is really to West Palm Beach,,,, and you actually want to go to Miami itself...

==============

While that’s good advice, easyJet does in fact fly to most major airports, including CDG and Orly for Paris. It’s RyanAir (an ultra LCC) that does the Beauvais thing (and Vasteras, Hahn, etc). EasyJet is several notches up from RyanAir.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
13,647 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Could really use some advice about Easy Jet

Have flown Easyjet many times with absolutely no complaints. Just obey the rules and you will be fine..

I am wondering what you consider a "decent flight"..

Having also flown many time in the USA I have only ever found one airline - Alaska- that I would consider "decent". Most operate way below the standards of Easyjet in terms of comfort and service. .

Singapore
Level Contributor
466 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Could really use some advice about Easy Jet

Nothing wrong with easyjet at all.

It's better than ryanair, but again not much wrong with ryanair either, well apart form the current strikes....

Level Contributor
123 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Could really use some advice about Easy Jet

Easyjet are a great airline, used them numerous times for trips all over Europe and never had a problem. Just make sure you follow their baggage rules etc and I'm sure you too will have a good flight. As previously mentioned reviews are generally left by people who perceived they were hard done to as they didn't read the rules themselves. Enjoy.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Could really use some advice about Easy Jet

Thank you all for your words. It's very reassuring to know some of you have had good experiences with them. I agree that people are ususally quick to rant and slow to praise flights. A lot of the reviews I saw complain about canceled flights, delays and luggage fees. I know there are luggage fees with the airline and am totally fine with that I am not an unreasonable person. My real concern was the delays and cancellations. I am gonna take your advice and just keep the flights...hopefully it will all be fine.

Thank you guys happy travels to you all

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
33,666 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Could really use some advice about Easy Jet

One piece of advice re easyJet. Make sure you check in online as soon as it opens. And IIRC that’s way way before 24 hours before departure - yup, it’s 30 days in advance.

One of the genuine complaints is overbooking of flights served less than daily, with pax who are involuntarily denied boarding being left high and dry (and the IDB compensation not covering the cost of short in tickets on other airlines).

You can avoid that situation by checking in at D:-30 days. If you’re checked in early you won’t be IDB’d.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Could really use some advice about Easy Jet

I use them at least 5 times a year and I've never had a bad experience. Had one cancellation to Edinburgh a few years ago due to snow. Just read their terms and conditions. I like Easyjet.

Reply to: Could really use some advice about Easy Jet
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted