We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

British Airways WT+ Drink Service

Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
British Airways WT+ Drink Service

Hi,

I am travelling with BA WT+ first time for my honeymoon in September from Gatwick to Dominican Republic. Its a 10+ hour flight and I do like to have a drink whilst flying. I wondered if anyone could tell me how many times they come round with the bar service or if it is easy and stress free to collect yourself from the galley. I am a VERY nervous flyer so don't like to get out of my seat is not essential.

Also does have anyone have picture of the drinks menu as I cant find this online at all.

thanks

20 replies to this topic
Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
22,657 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: British Airways WT+ Drink Service

I wondered if anyone could tell me how many times they come round with the bar service or if it is easy and stress free to collect yourself from the galley. - They'll serve drinks with the meal service with another offered afterwards.

You can go up to the galley after that to get another.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: British Airways WT+ Drink Service

There's usually a glass of bubbly offered on boarding in WT+ as well.

And in a 10 hour flight, I hope you will get out of your seat a few times!

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,945 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: British Airways WT+ Drink Service

For the drinks menu - while the brands on offer vary from airline to airline - you will have beer, wine, probably champagne/prosecco, and all the hard spirits with the main aerated drinks and juices for mixers.

You usually will get a couple of rounds of drink services. Getting from the galley isn't overly stressful, but if you're a nervous flier plus on honeymoon, if you ask politely at the first go around, I am sure the stewards will oblige and bring the additional drinks to you.

Of course don't take the piss (pun kinda intended), and definitely don't get too drunk as they are within their rights to refuse.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
42,229 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: British Airways WT+ Drink Service

There's usually a glass of bubbly offered on boarding in WT+ as well.

----------------------------------------------------------

I had the misfortune of flying WT+ from Sydney to Singapore, 8 hour flight, no bubbly and only a water or juice was offered on boarding.

Any other time, as mentioned above, go to the galley and you'll find a bottle of wine in the cooler.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
58,878 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: British Airways WT+ Drink Service

The fizz that some crew will offer along with water and juice prior to departure is dire, something that would be put to better use cleaning windows.

'I wondered if anyone could tell me how many times they come round with the bar service.' Crew will offer drinks shortly after take off then the meal service. The bar offerings with the meal service will be much more limited; if you'd like a drink before dinner and one with dinner then ask for two with the first trolley service.

'...if it is easy and stress free to collect yourself from the galley' It's rare (almost never, in fact) that I've not had crew offer a glass of water, a cup of tea or something else when I've gone to the galley and asked for it.

'I am a VERY nervous flyer so don't like to get out of my seat is not essential.' Please don't stay in your seat for hours on end as it's not good for anyone's physical wellbeing to stay seated that long.

'Also does have anyone have picture of the drinks menu as I cant find this online at all.' The last time BA offered a list of drinks in any cabins except F and J was probably the 1980s, when small menus were handed out in Economy (as was) and WT+ was just a gleam in Lord King's eye.

The trolley offerings will include smallish bottles of indifferent red or white wine and miniatures of gin, vodka and whisky. I'm not sure if there are still miniatures of liqueurs on the trolley these days. Still and sparkling water and juices will be available too.

6. Re: British Airways WT+ Drink Service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2018, 21:11

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: British Airways WT+ Drink Service

Post number 6. What a load of rubbish!

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
25,413 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: British Airways WT+ Drink Service

yep. maybe had 10 beers before typing that !

to the op...you are on your honeymoon, so if you dont want to get up to go to the galley, get some practice for married life in....send your other half to get the drink for you !

London
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: British Airways WT+ Drink Service

if the 10 "beers" were Bud he would probably be safe to drive....

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
42,229 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: British Airways WT+ Drink Service

For an 'expert' who is 18 - 24 years of age, couldn't possibly be familiar with the term stewardess.....my dad who is 70 would use that term.

Reply to: British Airways WT+ Drink Service
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted