We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Norwegian changed flt to Privilege Style - Pros/Cons?

Ellicott City
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Norwegian changed flt to Privilege Style - Pros/Cons?

Just received a text this morning that Norwegian changed our July flight from FCO to EWR. It will now be serviced by Privilege Style (Boeing 777-200), a charter. Norwegian agents don't seem to know very many details about this when calling their customer service line.

We had booked the "premium" category. I'd like to know:

1. Anyone have any experience with this specific carrier/plane? Photos would be ideal. Trying to determine if 'premium' cabin will still accommodate passenger over 6' comfortably.

2. Seat layout difficult to compare even using Seatguru. If anyone has had similar experience - were your seats/cabin the same?

352 replies to this topic
2 posts
1 review
1. Re: Norwegian changed flt to Privilege Style - Pros/Cons?

We just got the same information and are mad/disappointed because we wanted to fly the Dreamliner.I worry about safety issues too.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
41,380 posts
62 reviews
2. Re: Norwegian changed flt to Privilege Style - Pros/Cons?

Why would you worry about safety with a EU airline?

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
3,760 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Norwegian changed flt to Privilege Style - Pros/Cons?

Usually this happens because of a "safety" issue.

https:/…

Edited: 04 May 2018, 21:07
Philadelphia...
2 posts
4. Re: Norwegian changed flt to Privilege Style - Pros/Cons?

I'm not worried about safety, but I was expecting a 787 with wifi, etc.

Not going to book Norwegian in the future....

1 post
5. Re: Norwegian changed flt to Privilege Style - Pros/Cons?

Received the same text message this morning, and had received similar a few weeks ago about our return flight, too - except that was a change to Eurojet. We are equally frustrated, and I am calling Norwegian to determine what the available options are... in the meantime, there's this recent announcement from earlier today I found with more detail. https:/…

Ellicott City
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
6. Re: Norwegian changed flt to Privilege Style - Pros/Cons?

This does not seem to be Norwegian's fault, it's a known issue with Rolls Royce engines in the 787 that need to be replaced.

Any insight on my questions in original post much appreciated!!

https:/…

Philadelphia...
2 posts
7. Re: Norwegian changed flt to Privilege Style - Pros/Cons?

The fault might not be Norwegian's, but they don't have the fleet capacity to adapt. We're being given a lower level of service as a result. Privilege has just one 777-200, tail number EC-MUA. I expect more flight changes before the summer is over... https:/…ec-mua

2 posts
1 review
8. Re: Norwegian changed flt to Privilege Style - Pros/Cons?

Because I am a nervous flyer, that's all

Denver, Colorado
1 post
9. Re: Norwegian changed flt to Privilege Style - Pros/Cons?

Researched privilege style and their planes. I believe they only have 4-5 planes total and only one 777. It is a retired 777-200 from another airline. Read that El AL leased the 777 for its Israel to JFK flights. Reviews were not great because they didn't have updated perks like the 787. However, since the 787 is having problem with cracks in the fan blades, I would rather fly on older plane to be safe than worry about safety on the dreamliner.

Monroe, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
10. Re: Norwegian changed flt to Privilege Style - Pros/Cons?

I got the same text and have the same concerns about safety and if they speak English. We paid a lot for this flight..... would not have booked it if I knew there were no tvs or wifi. This sucks. But if it's a safety issue than safety first! I thought they sold the flight to make a profit.

Reply to: Norwegian changed flt to Privilege Style - Pros/Cons?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted