We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Don't book Ryanair flight tickets through a third party

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Don't book Ryanair flight tickets through a third party

If you do book through a third party agency like Kiwi, they will lock you out from ability to check-in or check your reservation directly on Ryanair website. What they do is they change your email address to their internal address to purchase your ticket and before the day of your departure, they check in for you and send you your boarding pass in email attached as PDF. If you are EU citizen and you would be eligible to get mobile boarding pass, forget about it. You will be locked out from this feature and possibly many other useful functions.

I wrote review on Trustpilot, which is the website you should not take seriously and even though I wrote a negative review with complaint about their check-in process it did not get truthful acknowledgment but some deceitful dance around it.

https://www.trustpilot.com/submitted/review…

23 replies to this topic
Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
23,034 posts
36 reviews
1. Re: Don't book Ryanair flight tickets through a third party

Don't book Ryanair flight tickets through a third party - That's been the long standing advice on this forum for all airlines.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Don't book Ryanair flight tickets through a third party

There are some exceptions. I have booked my Virgin Atlantic flight through Expedia and have no issue to access my reservation or request upgrades directly on Virgin website.

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
13,628 posts
169 reviews
3. Re: Don't book Ryanair flight tickets through a third party

Don't book any flights through 3rd party agents, as constantly advised on here every day

The 3rd party agent is the airlines customer, not the OP

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
10,004 posts
121 reviews
4. Re: Don't book Ryanair flight tickets through a third party

Actually, this is what it says on Ryanair's website:

<<

Price comparison websites

At Ryanair we are very proud of our lowest fare guarantee and in order to ensure that more and more people realise that they won’t find better value elsewhere, Ryanair has agreed to permit third party websites to gain authorised access to www.ryanair.com for price comparison purposes.

Ryanair will licence access to its price, flight and timetable information for use in comparing Ryanair's prices with those of other airlines.

However in the interests of our passengers, Ryanair will continue to prohibit, as it always has, the re-selling of its flights. This is because the cheapest fares can only be found directly on Ryanair's websites.>>

So Ryanair are saying nobody should be selling their flights except them.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
74,629 posts
478 reviews
5. Re: Don't book Ryanair flight tickets through a third party

Kiwi is rubbish. TrustPilot is rubbish. The advice only to book flights through the airline is very good. That's about all I can say on this subject, really.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
1,510 posts
11 reviews
6. Re: Don't book Ryanair flight tickets through a third party

Wow, is this like idiot bingo?

Booked Ryanair through a third party, checked. That third party was Kiwi, check. Complains he didn't get access to Ryanair's site, check. Writes an indignant post on here, check. Complaints about trustpilot, check.

OP, why did you not research Kiwi before giving them your money? You have to take a little personal responsibility here. It's called due diligence. A basic search would have told you to book directly with Ryanair.

Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
3,539 posts
164 reviews
7. Re: Don't book Ryanair flight tickets through a third party

I usually book direct with an airline.. However I (well my husband) did use a third party... They oozed Ryan air flights and I received confirmation from loveholidays and directly from Ryan air. I could log on to their site and add bags, check in etc.

Obviously I don't recommend booking via third party but it was fine for us on that occasion.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
74,629 posts
478 reviews
8. Re: Don't book Ryanair flight tickets through a third party

You've been lucky. Not incredibly lucky, as in winning the EuroMillions, but lucky all the same. I hope your husband has been well and truly scolded!

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
9. Re: Don't book Ryanair flight tickets through a third party

I wrote to Kiwi CR again and this time I mentioned Ryanair price comparison's policy. This time they relented and gave me control to my booking using my email address saying:

"We will give you control access to our booking with Ryanair, however please note that our Kiwi.com guaranty cannot be applicable to your booking any longer. So in case of issue with your flight, please deal directly with the airline."

Hell yeah, I would rather deal directly with airline in case of troubles.

Those critters also charged me about $10 more than what I would have paid the airline directly. :X

Edited: 03 May 2018, 09:21
Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
42,180 posts
62 reviews
10. Re: Don't book Ryanair flight tickets through a third party

<<Those critters also charged me about $10 more than what I would have paid the airline directly>>

So why did you book with them in the first place?? Of course they charged you more, they don't work for nothing.

Edited: 03 May 2018, 13:41
Reply to: Don't book Ryanair flight tickets through a third party
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted