We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seattle to Manchester with connection at Heathrow- Customs

Kennewick...
9 posts
Save Topic
Seattle to Manchester with connection at Heathrow- Customs

My wife and I are flying to the UK this week and will be connecting in London at Heathrow where we will take a flight to Manchester. Do we clear customs/immigration at Heathrow or Manchester?

8 replies to this topic
Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
1,367 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seattle to Manchester with connection at Heathrow- Customs

Heathrow.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
10,429 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seattle to Manchester with connection at Heathrow- Customs

Immigration at Heathrow, customs at Manchester (not that you’ll notice)

Kennewick...
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Seattle to Manchester with connection at Heathrow- Customs

And will that be within the terminal? We are connecting in terminal 5, so no change in terminal.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
10,429 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seattle to Manchester with connection at Heathrow- Customs

Yes you will go through immigration at T5,then security then on to your gate. You won’t see your bags until you get to Manchester.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
17,302 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seattle to Manchester with connection at Heathrow- Customs

Customers in Europe is basically nothing. You walk through a green door that says nothing to declare. You almost certainly won't even see an agent or wait in any type of line. Immigration is the slow step where you see an agent and your passport gets reviewed.

Edited: 20 February 2018, 04:30
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
67,831 posts
460 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seattle to Manchester with connection at Heathrow- Customs

Customs and immigration will be separate processes here. You will clear the latter in Heathrow and he former in a few seconds in Manchester unless you are one of the very, very few who are stopped. Customs is largely intelligence led, though I believe that there is still a small chance of an entirely random check.

Kennewick...
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Seattle to Manchester with connection at Heathrow- Customs

Thanks everyone for the assistance, greatly appreciated!

Seattle
Level Contributor
167 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Seattle to Manchester with connection at Heathrow- Customs

I did this connection last September after taking the evening flight out of Seattle. There was only one person ahead of me at the border check in flight connections so it was very quick. You do have to go through security again so be prepared for that. I had 90 minutes scheduled for the connection and we were a little late getting to LHR but I made the connection with lots of time to spare.

Edited: 21 February 2018, 02:38
Reply to: Seattle to Manchester with connection at Heathrow- Customs
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted