We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salzburg-Bergen direct or one stop?

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
Salzburg-Bergen direct or one stop?

Hello,

I would like to fly direct Salzburg to Bergen and can see that Norwegian fly this route, however tickets are only available until March. We’re flying in June.

Does anyone know whether they normally fly this route all year round and just haven’t released tickets yet, or whether it’s perhaps a seasonal or discontinued route? I have to book accommodation in/ near Salzburg, in the next few weeks, but may choose a different destination if I can’t get a direct or one stop flight. All the other flights I’ve looked at are two stops.

Many thanks.

4 replies to this topic
UK
Level Contributor
7,282 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Salzburg-Bergen direct or one stop?

I suspect it's a ski route, so probably Winter only - but I'm just guessing.

A lot of people get and from Salzburg by using Munich Airport - it's an easy train ride. Don't know if there are direct flights from Munich to Bergen, but you can definitely get there with one stop.

Oslo to Bergen is one of Europe's most scenic train rides, so that may be another option...

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
61,213 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Salzburg-Bergen direct or one stop?

Aviatrix is right about the train rid ebeing spectacular. If I were in your shoes I might well choose to fly to Oslo instead, and then take the train. But I suppose that if time is of he essence, flying would be much quicker.

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
9,151 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Salzburg-Bergen direct or one stop?

I've travelled to Salzburg via Munich and it's an easy trip. You'll need to get from the airport to the train station and then it's a fast IC train to the centre of Salzburg.

Enjoy.

Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
Level Contributor
4,788 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Salzburg-Bergen direct or one stop?

No one-stops between Salzburg and Bergen during summer. Neither are the direct flights from Munich, but you can fly one-stop from Munich with either Norwegian (www.norwegian.com), SAS (www.flysas.com), kLMA (www.klm.com) or Lufthansa (www.lufthansa.com) - for the latter the last leg from Oslo to Bergen will be codeshare with SAS.

If looking for a one-way flight then disregard Lufthansa and KLM as they still price their one-ways in a much higher price bucket than round-trips.

Other towns within a semi-reasonable distance from Salzburg with direct flights (in June) to Bergen are Prague, Split, Dubrovnik, Katowice, Krakow, Budapest and Zurich.

Reply to: Salzburg-Bergen direct or one stop?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted