We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easyjet Online Booking Can I add hold luggage later?

Edmonton, Canada
13 posts
Easyjet Online Booking Can I add hold luggage later?

I am planning to buy tickets from Paris flying to Venice. I am still undecided if we will be okay with just hand carry or if we need hold luggage (checked in luggage). So my dilemma, can I book the flight with no hold luggage purchased first, and then buy hold luggage let's say 1 week before we fly out? Will that cost me more compared to buying my hold luggage right at the moment of booking my flight or will it be the same as long as I do it online and before my day of flight?

I am trying to find this in the website but it only specified adding weight to hold luggage so I don't know how it will be if there is 0kg hold luggage to begin with.

Thank you.

17 replies to this topic
Pueblo Nuevo de...
Level Contributor
7,802 posts
129 reviews
1. Re: Easyjet Online Booking Can I add hold luggage later?

You can buy at a later stage via manage my booking.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
41,337 posts
62 reviews
2. Re: Easyjet Online Booking Can I add hold luggage later?

The info is on their website.

easyjet.com/en/…cabin-bag-and-hold-luggage

Los Angeles...
6 posts
3. Re: Easyjet Online Booking Can I add hold luggage later?

Thanks for the link. I may be over-reading the information. Does this mean once we book the flight, the only options left are to pay at the counter or at the gate for higher cost?

Ashford, United...
Level Contributor
335 posts
25 reviews
4. Re: Easyjet Online Booking Can I add hold luggage later?

I think It’s quite clear what the options are - it states “ Adding hold luggage to your booking

The easiest and cheapest way to do this is online or via our App when you book your flights. You can also add them after you’ve booked in Manage Bookings, or during online check-in.

You can also do it at the airport, but it does cost a little more. See fees and charges.

When you add hold luggage to your booking we add a bag to both your outbound and return journey. Once you’ve booked hold luggage we’re unable to offer you a refund should you change your mind. If you want to buy hold luggage for only one sector of your journey you’ll be unable to do that online.

If you’ve already checked in you can still add hold luggage to your booking in Manage Bookings. Once you’ve added your luggage simply reprint your boarding passes.”

Edited: 04 May 2018, 06:34
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
21 reviews
5. Re: Easyjet Online Booking Can I add hold luggage later?

Hi, What was the outcome? Did you pay for hold luggage when booking your flight or afterwards? We want to do the same thing, but we also found their website not very clear.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,271 posts
33 reviews
6. Re: Easyjet Online Booking Can I add hold luggage later?

AprilPeach - have you read the posts above yours? It's very clear - you can book the flight and add hold luggage later via Manage Bookings.

Folkestone, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
75 reviews
7. Re: Easyjet Online Booking Can I add hold luggage later?

I agree that this thread is not clear ladies. As it doesn't show the difference between the cost of adding hold luggage online VERSUS the cost of adding luggage to the hold ONCE at the airport... No examples of cost whatsoever.

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
25,811 posts
38 reviews
8. Re: Easyjet Online Booking Can I add hold luggage later?

It seems clear enough to me, but I can assure you that I once added hold luggage the morning of a flight later that evening, and I paid the online price, not the at airport price, and had no issues proving the luggage had been paid for when I took it to the bag drop. And I'd already checked in previously. Didn't seem to matter.

SWT

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
41,337 posts
62 reviews
9. Re: Easyjet Online Booking Can I add hold luggage later?

LucindaRandolph If the answers aren't good enough for you ask Easyjet! It's not our job to do your research for you!

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
6,158 posts
34 reviews
10. Re: Easyjet Online Booking Can I add hold luggage later?

Seems clear enough to me too. I've paid for baggage at the time I initially book, paid for baggage some time after I've booked, and paid for baggage the same day I travelled after checking-in - all on-line and without difficulty. You're asked if you want to add baggage when you originally book. You can add baggage at any time before bag drop using Manage Booking. You're asked again if you want to add baggage when you check in on line.

The price you pay for baggage isn't a fixed charge for all flights - you pay less for short distance flights than for long distance ones if you pay on line, and at the moment you could pay anywhere between £13.99 and £33.99 per flight for 23kg hold baggage. Nobody has quoted actual prices for specific flights because nobody has said which flight they need to know the prices for!

If you insist on paying in person at the airport, you pay a fixed amount of £37.00 at the bag drop desk. You'll also need more time to do this in.

You can also book baggage weight of 15kg instead. It's cheaper, between £8.99 and £29.99 on-line, unless you insist on paying in person at the airport, when it is still £37.00.

Look at https:/…fees

If you bring overweight hand baggage that is detected at the gate, you pay £47.00.

Reply to: Easyjet Online Booking Can I add hold luggage later?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted