We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easyjet checking in and seat allocation question.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
13,533 posts
97 reviews
Easyjet checking in and seat allocation question.

I’ve checked in and printed out boarding passes for my Easyjet flight next month. I’ve been allocated seats 30D and 30E.

I’ve done a dummy booking for the same flight and noticed the seats don’t exist. I called Easyjet and they said that they are using a larger plane for the route and not to worry but I am not convinced. The operator seemed vague and confused.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? When Easyjet changes aircraft type do they update the seating plan as well? Can I pay for new seats to be on the safe side as I’ve printed out the boarding pass?

Thanks all.

33 replies to this topic
South of England
Level Contributor
3,195 posts
185 reviews
1. Re: Easyjet checking in and seat allocation question.

Sounds like you will be on one of their newer aircraft.

They have increased seating capacity from 180 to 186 by reconfiguring the rear galley and toilet area.

https:/…EasyJet_Airlines_Airbus_A320_V2.php

Edited: 06 January 2018, 14:26
Loughborough...
Level Contributor
6,158 posts
34 reviews
2. Re: Easyjet checking in and seat allocation question.

easyJet has some A320 planes with 180 seats, and some with 186 seats. All new deliveries for some time have been 186 seat varieties, and many of the 180 seat planes have been altered to 186 seat as well.

It is the 186 seat version that has seats 30D and 30E. Every month more of the fleet is 186 seats and less 180 seats.

Once online check-in opens the plane type is set and won't change, unless something unexpected happens right before departure, which can happen with any airline.

Wiltshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Wiltshire
Level Contributor
11,289 posts
440 reviews
3. Re: Easyjet checking in and seat allocation question.

Ring easyjet again, see if you get a different operator, but.....

EasyJet’s fleet only has 2 sizes - A319 of 156 seats and A320 with 186. If was going to be the former, and is now the latter there will still be a 30D/E as they are all 3-3 seat layout. I wouldn’t worry.

Edited - thanks Andy - forgot the that 180-186 configuration conversion was not complete yet.

Edited: 06 January 2018, 14:30
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
23,377 posts
4. Re: Easyjet checking in and seat allocation question.

I use easyjet a lot (one flight yesterday) and often get emails tom say the aircraft has changed and to check my seat allocation, as other have explained all I will add is don't worry.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
13,533 posts
97 reviews
5. Re: Easyjet checking in and seat allocation question.

Thanks all.

Bath, United Kingdom
2 posts
1 review
6. Re: Easyjet checking in and seat allocation question.

Do you know if you can choose and book seats prior to actually checking-in? I can't check in until 19th June, but I would really like to book my seats. I don't seem to be able to access the seat Booking section in Manage My Booking... Thanks in advance1

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
16,063 posts
16 reviews
7. Re: Easyjet checking in and seat allocation question.

You can normally prebook seats at any time through 'manage my booking'.

Bath, United Kingdom
2 posts
1 review
8. Re: Easyjet checking in and seat allocation question.

Thank you for your reply!

That's what I thought... but I just can't get to it!!

Very frustrating!

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
393 posts
104 reviews
9. Re: Easyjet checking in and seat allocation question.

The 180 to 186 seater is exactly the reason. The conversion adds 30DEF and 31DEF but the website never shows the 186 seat version.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
16,063 posts
16 reviews
10. Re: Easyjet checking in and seat allocation question.

"That's what I thought... but I just can't get to it!!"

What's the problem exactly? Is the option missing, does nothing happen when you click on it, or something else?

Reply to: Easyjet checking in and seat allocation question.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted