We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flight hub

Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
flight hub

I just booked two tickets via flight hub. Beware of this company. The prices online were fixed including taxes but they overcharged my credit card by $150. Their customer servive call cente ris base don India and the not only do their employees or sub contractors barely speak or understand english the sound quality is horrible over the phone.You have to wait forever while they verify this or that and they have all kinds of hidden costs such as if you pick a particular seat, you have to pay $35 for that priviledge. I dont have a problem with that but i do have a problem with them charging $35 per seat for a supposed service charge !!!! I will never do business with these guys again they are terrible

22 replies to this topic
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
24,299 posts
378 reviews
1. Re: flight hub

Which airline are you flying? It will be the airline who is charging for seat selection, it is common in quite a few airlines based in Europe - maybe not so much in America if that's where you're based.

What do you mean the price was fixed? I assume that they don't have access to live pricing so when you went to book the fares you saw were no longer available.

Also, you have quite a few typos in your post which is a little ironic when you question the language skills of someone else.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
11,062 posts
26 reviews
2. Re: flight hub

Not defending this outfit.

<<overcharged my credit card by $150>> Could be an insurance, fees, credit card charge etc.

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
4,192 posts
119 reviews
3. Re: flight hub

OP thanks for your excellent advice. I'll certainly avoid them.

Here's some advice from me, book directly with the airline in future.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,192 posts
25 reviews
4. Re: flight hub

hidden costs such as if you pick a particular seat, you have to pay $35 for that priviledge (SIC)

-------------------------

Many airlines charge fees to pick your seat and some charge a lot more than $35.00

Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: flight hub

Your call centers service based out of india was atrocious. You charged me for extended cancellation which i did not order and i was on the phone for 45 minutes to get that charge removed . I will never ever do business with a company that has such poor customer relation skills

Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: flight hub

i agree who need these cold greedy corporations who have dubious marketing tricks to get money from you

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
16,834 posts
18 reviews
7. Re: flight hub

Paul P (#5)

You are not communicating directly with Flight Hub.

This is the Air Travel forum of TripAdvisor.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,310 posts
17 reviews
8. Re: flight hub

Paul, which airline are we talking about? It's highly likely that it isn't flighthub charging you to choose your set but the airline itself. Depending on the airline, you may still be able to pick a seat later for feee. We can't tell you though because you're too busy ranting about flighthub to tell us the airline. This is a public forum where fellow travellers try to help each other. We have nothing to do with flighthub, so stop addresses get us as though we were.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
253 posts
10 reviews
9. Re: flight hub

Idk, did you ever think about maybe googling who these people were? Not even a little sense of doubt when you were putting your credit card details in?

After how many people I see doing this, honestly, I've lost sympathy and it's no one's fault but your own.

1 post
10. Re: flight hub

Hands down the worse company I have ever dealt with. Booked our flights in July (which we later found out they booked us on a flight that doesn’t exist) they then changed our flights and never notified us causing us to miss an event out of country. Staff and supervisors were extremely rude and kept us on hold for hours! Eventually got a refund and was told we would be waiting 2 months for it. End of the day we missed our event and are out thousands. Would never recommend to anyone!!!!!!!

Reply to: flight hub
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted