We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are you subject to dress code on paid or upgrades to first?

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Are you subject to dress code on paid or upgrades to first?

Obviously, if you're on employee travel, you need to dress nice but what about just normal people who pay for their first class or receive an elite upgrade? am I out of line for wearing a raccoon hoodie with ears and big fluffy tail?

37 replies to this topic
London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
23,843 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Are you subject to dress code on paid or upgrades to first?

I don't mean this unkindly - far be it from me to deprive an adult of dressing how they want - but once you're sitting down you're not really going to look like a raccoon at all - surely you need some face makeup/mask? Kind of the point of the little bandits. Just saying:)

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,246 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Are you subject to dress code on paid or upgrades to first?

If it is going to be a nuisance to others as you move around the cabin, is unhygienic or would impede an emergency evacuation you might be asked to remove the hoodie and the tail and stow them in the overhead lockers for the safety of yourself and others

A supermario furry fetish might not quite be enough reason to keep a raccoon tail on in a narrow aisle :-)

Or the flight crew and other passengers might just laugh with you and facebook what they were traveling with and a good time was had by all...

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
591 posts
Save Reply
33. Re: Are you subject to dress code on paid or upgrades to first?

Still waiting for a picture of Lex in his hoodie... :)

kentucky
Level Contributor
5,896 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Are you subject to dress code on paid or upgrades to first?

I'm not sure Lex has room for another fluffy anything. He needs to stick with his signature marabou...

Edited: 22 October 2017, 20:15
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Are you subject to dress code on paid or upgrades to first?

If anything, it would lighten the mood in an emergency

Mississauga, ON
Level Contributor
3,227 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Are you subject to dress code on paid or upgrades to first?

Seems to me there's a disconnect between " just normal people" and "a raccoon hoodie with ears and big fluffy tail".

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
52,219 posts
1,742 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Are you subject to dress code on paid or upgrades to first?

OK, let’s just admit it - some folk are “sartorially challenged.” No two ways about it.

Flew with a fellow recently (well, not “with,” but in the same cabin) dressed as Betty Boop. He was heading to a Dom-Con event in Los Angeles, and wanted to “get into character” early.

Some odd stuff on airlines nowadays.

Hunt

Reply to: Are you subject to dress code on paid or upgrades to first?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted