We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Standard vs. Plus Ryanair

Limavady, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Standard vs. Plus Ryanair

Hi I'm booking my first flight next week to see my girlfriend in Edinburgh, I want to book the cheapest flight, the standard. But it is telling me I can't take a bag? Is this true? I have to pay nearly £100 to take a bag? Hmmm.

13 replies to this topic
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
23,561 posts
377 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Standard vs. Plus Ryanair

You can add a bag to a standard fare at the next stage of the booking process, it will be from about £25 per bag. The difference in fare between a standard fare and plus isn't only the inclusion of a bag; you also get priority boarding, a reserved seat and you are able to check in online earlier with plus than a standard fare.

Limavady, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Standard vs. Plus Ryanair

So I can use standard? That's reassuring at least.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
40,914 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Standard vs. Plus Ryanair

Just do a dummy booking and compare the prices. One with a standard fare and any extras you want and one with a Plus fare. Then you can book whichever you want.

2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Standard vs. Plus Ryanair

Hi there. I am planing to travel to Paris next week, i have booked flight with Ryanair. I have booked Standard Fare, meaning I will not be checking in any bags but i want to carry a small back pack with clothes. how big can my cabin bag be?

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
40,914 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Standard vs. Plus Ryanair

All the information is on Ryanairs website.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
23,561 posts
377 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Standard vs. Plus Ryanair

Have you checked their website, it is on there.

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
594 posts
460 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Standard vs. Plus Ryanair

You are allowed even more than that. You can bring with you a large cabin baggage (e.g. small trolley case) and a small one (e.g. backpack). Sizes are on their website.

1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Standard vs. Plus Ryanair

Hi, me and my boyfriend wanna fly from Trieste to Rome and we wanted to book a standard flight with Ryanair. Does anybody know if we can take any baggage with us without paying for it? I'm also wondering what it means that you're not a priority customer? does that mean that we won't be able to sit together on the plane?

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
40,914 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Standard vs. Plus Ryanair

Caution, necropost.

All the information is on the airlines website, or just do a dummy booking and it will give you all the info and extras.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Standard vs. Plus Ryanair

Standard fares still allow you to take hand luggage, but if your hand luggage doesn't fit under the seat it will be taken off you at the gate and put in the hold. Ryanair will seat passengers travelling on standard fares apart unless you pay extra to select your seats.

Reply to: Standard vs. Plus Ryanair
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted