We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Standard vs. Plus Ryanair

Limavady, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Standard vs. Plus Ryanair

Hi I'm booking my first flight next week to see my girlfriend in Edinburgh, I want to book the cheapest flight, the standard. But it is telling me I can't take a bag? Is this true? I have to pay nearly £100 to take a bag? Hmmm.

7 replies to this topic
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
21,091 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Standard vs. Plus Ryanair

You can add a bag to a standard fare at the next stage of the booking process, it will be from about £25 per bag. The difference in fare between a standard fare and plus isn't only the inclusion of a bag; you also get priority boarding, a reserved seat and you are able to check in online earlier with plus than a standard fare.

Limavady, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Standard vs. Plus Ryanair

So I can use standard? That's reassuring at least.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,062 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Standard vs. Plus Ryanair

Just do a dummy booking and compare the prices. One with a standard fare and any extras you want and one with a Plus fare. Then you can book whichever you want.

2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Standard vs. Plus Ryanair

Hi there. I am planing to travel to Paris next week, i have booked flight with Ryanair. I have booked Standard Fare, meaning I will not be checking in any bags but i want to carry a small back pack with clothes. how big can my cabin bag be?

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,062 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Standard vs. Plus Ryanair

All the information is on Ryanairs website.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
21,091 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Standard vs. Plus Ryanair

Have you checked their website, it is on there.

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
195 posts
344 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Standard vs. Plus Ryanair

You are allowed even more than that. You can bring with you a large cabin baggage (e.g. small trolley case) and a small one (e.g. backpack). Sizes are on their website.

Reply to: Standard vs. Plus Ryanair
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted