We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying to aussie

2 posts
Save Topic
Flying to aussie

Hi . I'm migrating to Aussie this December . I will be flying with my two kids and three large size luggages. I will take Colombo mel direct flight and internal flight to Canberra.my question is after taking the bags for belt is there any trolys near the area as It s difficult to handle two kids and three bags . Can I carry this trolys to immigration and custom or should I take off bags from trolys and go to immigration que. I m so afraid as I could not handle heavy bag n babies at once. I have to bring that bags as we r migrating.

7 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
89,143 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying to aussie

On arrival, you will first go through Immigration (Passport Control). You then go to the area with the luggage belts to collect your luggage and take it through Customs and Quarantine. Free luggage trolleys are available.

If both your flights are with Qantas or Virgin (or a partner airline), you can go to the Qantas or Virgin desk immediately after the Customs hall. Staff will take your luggage and put it and you onto a bus to the Domestic Terminal.

If the flights are with different airlines, you will have to make the transfer. This will be difficult, as trolleys cannot be taken onto the train or bus services that run between the International and Domestic areas.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,350 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying to aussie

Be aware that on your arrival in Canberra , if you need a trolley, you have to pay for it.

And you need the right coins for the machine.

We could find no-one to change notes for us on our visit.

Level Contributor
5,269 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying to aussie

Btw, your using the term Aussie wrong (Aussie is something from Australia ie:person, object etc, not the country itself). Maybe best you don't try use slang until you get here and get used to the local lingo.

Edited: 22 August 2017, 08:35
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
45,136 posts
1,414 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying to aussie

Psyvolt,

My thoughts exactly.

Hunt

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
28,183 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying to aussie

If I read your post correctly, you are flying into Melbourne. The domestic terminals are adjacent to the international terminal and you walk between them, so you can take a trolley. There is no bus. Or train. Otherwise, it works as SydneyNick described.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
89,143 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flying to aussie

My apologies. I missed the three letters "mel" and thought the OP was flying into Sydney.

2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Flying to aussie

Sorry for that. My mother tongue is not English...

Reply to: Flying to aussie
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted