We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delayed Flight - Bulgaria Air

county down
Level Contributor
30 posts
19 reviews
Delayed Flight - Bulgaria Air

We were due to fly with Bulgaria Air on 3rd July from Belfast to Bourgas at 10.35pm. At 5pm I received a phone call from my travel agent stating that the flight had been delayed and not to go to the airport before 8am the next morning. Our flight eventually left at 11.20 the following morning (4th July). My travel agent has sent an email to the company and I have emailed them and only had the standard reply bounced back to say it would be processed within the statutory period of 2 months - my sons flight was cancelled at the beginning of this week with Easyjet and he has got an email to say he will have a response within 10-14 days . . has anyone else had experience with claiming compensation with Bulgaria Air? We missed a full day of our 7 day All Inclusive holiday due to this.

72 replies to this topic
Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
22,888 posts
36 reviews
1. Re: Delayed Flight - Bulgaria Air

Why was it delayed - not all delays are eligible for EU261 compensation

county down
Level Contributor
30 posts
19 reviews
2. Re: Delayed Flight - Bulgaria Air

We weren't given a reason for our delay, though the Thompson flights and the Balkan flights both flew out that day. I rang Travel Solutions who said they haven't been informed yet as to the reason for the delay

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
41,360 posts
62 reviews
3. Re: Delayed Flight - Bulgaria Air

For a compensation claim you need to deal direct with the airline and leave the tour operator out of it. Compensation claims take time. I would allow 4 - 6 weeks .

London
Destination Expert
for London, Devon
Level Contributor
24,251 posts
52 reviews
4. Re: Delayed Flight - Bulgaria Air

Air Bulgaria UK contact details:

020 8745 9833

lhr@airbulgaria.co.uk

county down
Level Contributor
30 posts
19 reviews
5. Re: Delayed Flight - Bulgaria Air

Thank you. I rang this number and they are the Bulgaria Air desk at Heathrow. They said I need to email and gave me an email address. I have already sent this to them on the night we returned but no reply. Meanwhile, my sons flight was cancelled on 15th July with Easyjet and they put him on another flight the following evening. . He got home on Friday and submitted his claim. He had a response at 11.51 this morning telling him he is entitled to compensation, the amount he was getting and when he can expect it to be paid - not holding out much hope with Bulgaria Air to be honest :(

Sofia, Bulgaria
2 posts
6. Re: Delayed Flight - Bulgaria Air

Try a Bulgarian agency to receive compensation. Theres few on the market that could actually help you.

Newtownards, United...
6 posts
7. Re: Delayed Flight - Bulgaria Air

Any news yet we were on same flight and they have not responded

8. Re: Delayed Flight - Bulgaria Air

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2017, 23:02

Level Contributor
19 posts
9. Re: Delayed Flight - Bulgaria Air

Hey was wondering have you heard anything yet? We were on same flight too and we have heard nothing either ... feeling a bit frustrated tbh lol xx

Newtownards, United...
6 posts
10. Re: Delayed Flight - Bulgaria Air

Not a thing, signed into air bg to see if my complaint has been updated but still says open. Bet it's not even been looked at. Not holding out much hope. I even emailed them with ref to my complaint last week and they didn't reply. Lost as to what to do next. Travel Solutions have not even phoned back. They seemed to have washed their hands of us, like it's not their problem, I feel they should be fighting for us as they were our travel booking company.

Reply to: Delayed Flight - Bulgaria Air
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted